Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:53 AM
szalab
Fire Beetle

Default creating a chance to spawn multiple bosses at once (simulating a server resest)

Not sure if this is doable (I think it is) so I'm asking here first.

So the idea is to simulate a server reset without actually restarting the server or anything like that. Lets use Naggy, Vox, CT and Inny for example. They are already using code for spawn variance, we just want them to all spawn at the same time every once in a while, (as if the server was reset that day).

The script would go something like this (forgive me for not knowing the syntax):

All 4 raid bosses would have this code attached to them:

When raid boss X spawns the script starts
If script is in cooldown cycle it, the script ends.
Script checks to see if any of the other three bosses are up.
If not, then
Script does a random roll 1-6
If the number = 6, then the script spawns the other 3 raid bosses.
AND the script goes into a 6 day cooldown cycle.

(if the number does not equal 6 then the script will run again the next time one of the raid bosses spawns.)

Is this script doable?
And could somebody show me roughly what it would look like?
Old 07-26-2010, 03:23 PM
szalab
Fire Beetle

bump10char
Old 08-13-2010, 10:02 AM
szalab
Fire Beetle

Bump:

Is there any way to run a script when one raid boss spawns to randomly decide if all other raid bosses will spawn? Seems pretty simple but I wanted confirmation that it could be done before I start digging further.

The idea is to simulate a patch day (all bosses are up at once) without actually bringing down the server.

This eliminates the possibility of a player crashing zones on purpose to spawn bosses.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Kayen
Developer

I am going to assume the zones are set as dynamic (they shut down if empty of players).

Do accomplish this.

Assign upon spawning your raid mobs each a unique global variable.
ect quest::setglobal("dragon1",1,7,F); another would be "dragon2", "dragon3", "dragon4",

Upon death delete the global.

Add to your spawn script, a check if any of the other globals are defined, if they are defined this means they are still spawned, if they are not defined this means they have been killed. If all are undefined, then roll your 1-6.
Lets say a roll of 6 = spawn all the dragons again. So if roll equal six set 4 new global lets called it quest::setglobal("Respawn_Now_Dragon",4,7,F); ect through Respawn_Now_Dragon4

In each zone that has the raid npc you want to spawn, for example, permafrost and solb. You should have an invisble NPC that is constantly spawned. So as soon as the zone loads up when a player zones in, it will run a sub event spawn script. In this script now check if "Respawn_Now" is defined or not and IF the raid mob is up or not. If defined and the raid mob isn't up then spawn the raid mob and delete the global.

Sorry if this is verbose but I didn't feel like formatting all the code. Anyways no reason this wouldn't accomplish what you want. Any questions let me know.

Kayen
GM Stormhaven