Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 03:34 AM
eqplaytime1
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqemuross View Post
I'd love to utilize the hosting space Rogean gave to you Secrets,to recreate one of my servers. Either Crucify PvP or Qeynos Vs. Freeport PvP. I know a ton of ex-players would love to play this server, I just need a reliable host so I can develop the server properly.

I know my server would get alot of support and they were both pretty popular for the short time they were up. Please let me know if this is a possibility... EQEMU is dying for a great custom PvP server.
Do this. This right here.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:30 AM
notknowing
Sarnak

Thumbs up

Ill definitely play if this happens.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:49 AM
crazycloud
Fire Beetle

Me and my Brother would play this 100 % if it comes out. We are really looking for a custom pvp server with a active GM. Viles other pvp server was fun.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Schizophrenic.Saiko
Fire Beetle

if vile's other pvp server was fun why is it not up any longer....asking to use the space for another server instead of what we are already have going kinda sucks and is kind of bullshit in my opinion, taking what we have so you can have yours.....we have to rebuild our community because of the changes that were made without testing 1st and the hackers that killed our server.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:08 AM
crazycloud
Fire Beetle

You killed your own server Kiera, stop being a little bitch complaining all the time. MQ is a PVE server now they should just remove the PvP aspect of it. There's a reason why the population died out. It's cause when a GM listens to PVE nubs for changes! Those same people who cried for changes quit when they got it. On a server like Viles FP vs Qeynos you can take off /who all zone you know why? because theres only 10ish zones to look for people. You keep saying the servers going to grow but as each day passes it goes down more.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Schizophrenic.Saiko
Fire Beetle

im sorry but if whta you are looking for is guild wars...go play that.....pve is a fun part of the game and pvp is secondary, if you gonna quit cuz you cant grief lowbies then we dont want you anyways
Old 10-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Schizophrenic.Saiko
Fire Beetle

changes that are being made...1) PvE damage to melee's fixed and 25% mitigation bonus & +50 base to all resists to melee classes to make them viable 2) Skill resets will go in line with levls you lost IE: you go to 34, you have skills of a level 34 not skills of a level 1....3) PvP open to the following 10-15.....15-25...25-35...35-45..45-60
Old 10-23-2010, 12:10 PM
crazycloud
Fire Beetle

No one quit because of the level range, be ignorant more pal. Matter of fact we were the ones who wanted a level range to be put it.

not being able to /who all killed the server.

Now in your opinion PVE is the fun part of the game. My opinion PvP is the fun part of the game and PvE is what makes you stronger for PvP. If you make PvP fun PvE will always come no matter what. People will always battle for loot mobs. On MQ you cant battle for loot mobs! because you can't find anyone anymore, this is a fact. Those same changes you said that were being made has been said forever now. No GM actively working on the server = dead server period. Secrets said it himself he abandoned the server.

The point I'm trying to make here is PvP isn't fun anymore because you can't find PvP. Only way MQ would work right now if it turns into a custom server with 15 zones MAX. Otherwise turn back on /who zonename. Even when the server had 20 people on ( which was about what 4-5 days ago ) it was hard for me to find pvp.

If you want PvE that's what P99 is for go play that. ( i can play that game also pal )
Old 10-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Schizophrenic.Saiko
Fire Beetle

why should you be able to look at a zone instad of going there to check it out...it made it too easy to grief, that was one of the best things put in
Old 10-23-2010, 12:23 PM
crazycloud
Fire Beetle

Because EQ is a LARGE scale game. Your server doesn't carry a large amount of people "Fact". Even VZTZ with the amount of players it has right now 80ish every night if you turn on anonymous the pvp will die instantly and people will quit. You need 300+ people for that shit to work.

Why should you search 50 zones before you find 1 person? hey guys lets waste 2 hours of our time to search for 1 guy who will just gate as soon as you zone in. Makes alot of sense doesn't it?
Old 10-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Schizophrenic.Saiko
Fire Beetle

what you dont get is EMU community is not supposed to be like live....a small group of people that are here to have fun not be 3L33T is all we want...so if thats what your looking for, go elsewhere
Old 10-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Schizophrenic.Saiko
Fire Beetle

talking to you is like speakign with a middle schooler, all you care about is griefing and being able to grief if you want...you care nothing about making the server better for all...you only want to be the best
Old 10-23-2010, 12:44 PM
cuntnugget
Fire Beetle

if by whatever nonsense u just wrote u meant "crazycloud u just want a pvp server and i want a pve server" then i agree with u completely
Old 10-23-2010, 01:18 PM
crazycloud
Fire Beetle

Heh this guy is funny. He goes "don't you get it its not supposed to be live like" then in game he goes well on live it wasn't that way! what a idiot. P99 tries its best to make there server live like. Look at the population! Look how well its doing right now. They have active GM's who actively work on the server to make it like live.

You have no idea what griefing is. If you think me looking for someone to kill near my level is griefing oh boy you haven't seen grief yet. No fucking shit i want to be the best on a pvp server? who the hell doesn't? "hey guys lets be the worse at pvp ok?" yeah makes sense!

All this guy does is complain with nonsense about. "Go away its my server", "well if you don't like it o well leave", "go find your own server to host on".
Old 10-23-2010, 01:23 PM
eqemuross
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizophrenic.Saiko View Post
if vile's other pvp server was fun why is it not up any longer....asking to use the space for another server instead of what we are already have going kinda sucks and is kind of bullshit in my opinion, taking what we have so you can have yours.....we have to rebuild our community because of the changes that were made without testing 1st and the hackers that killed our server.
My server is no longer up because I ran it on my cable modem, and the up time was sketchy since I have a room mate that likes to play PS3/Xbox online and as soon as he'd get on I'd have to take the server down. I didn't think it was fair to the playerbase to host a server like that and it wasn't fun developing on a server that would have to come down all the time.
Closed Thread