Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:37 AM
covou
Sarnak

Default Titanium or SoF/SoD

I just wanted to ask a quick question to get a gauge on what most people use to play at the moment...

Currently i use Titanium when developing, so that i don't accidently make something that will fail to work on Titanium and just wondering whether or not its time i updated to SoF...

Basically what i'm after is just whether you use Titanium, SoF or SoD to play at the moment.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:00 AM
tiekue
Fire Beetle

I currently use SoD, mostly becuase that was what was available for me to DL.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Versalin
Fire Beetle

I use SoD, since its just the better client all around. Its got the most stuff and servers that use it and build content around SoD make the game interesting! Much like Order of The Sin.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:01 AM
wolfy67
Fire Beetle

I use Ti, as I have a couple copies of it laying around. Bought the original packages a couple years back when I thought I'd attempt to play Live a bit, but found it to be empty. Boy was I glad to find the emu's running on fresh Ti installs.

Might update to SoF or SoD in the future, if/when the "official" emu code catches up to it. Don't need either of those for now as most of the custom servers only use Gates (and later) zones for high level group/raid content. Since my net connection doesn't agree with DynDNS and most servers use that kind of service, I cannot group or raid 95% of the time so that kind of content doesn't apply to me.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

Is it possible to use Ti and SoF on the same puter? I use Ti for playing and now also for a new server I made to mess around with. But I'd like to be able to use some of the zones in SoF on my server I made. If so what is the most efficient way to do this? Thanks.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:54 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I use both. Just install them to different directories and run the one you want.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:25 AM
covou
Sarnak

Just while we are on the topic of clients. Anyone know where I can >>LEGALLY<< obtain a copy of the SoD client that we use. I have Ti and SoF already still need/want SoD tho
Old 10-31-2010, 08:12 PM
steve
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by covou View Post
Just while we are on the topic of clients. Anyone know where I can >>LEGALLY<< obtain a copy of the SoD client that we use. I have Ti and SoF already still need/want SoD tho
Nowhere legally.

SoD wasn't released as a retail box - it was a download from the patcher, Steam, or D2D. As far as I know, all of those locations are now updated with the Underfoot or House of Thule files.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:23 AM
Linophryne
Fire Beetle

The PEQ server fully supports the Underfoot client from what I understand, I'm sure others do as well, except maybe p1999
Old 01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Phoenix06
Fire Beetle

wait, does the PEQ server support SK HT or Pally heal? In the new interface, these skills are alt advancement skills. I've been playing on the EZ server, and these skills are unsupported =(
Also, on the EZ server Drakkin are mostly broken =(
Old 01-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix06 View Post
wait, does the PEQ server support SK HT or Pally heal? In the new interface, these skills are alt advancement skills. I've been playing on the EZ server, and these skills are unsupported =(
Also, on the EZ server Drakkin are mostly broken =(
Derision fixed it a bit ago on PEQ. Whether any other people have updated their source/db to support this is another question. It's not like EQEMu controls all the servers on its loginserver.