Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Dramier
Fire Beetle

Default Chat/tell message timeouts.

So basically I setup a server at home on a LAN so my girlfriend and I could play EQ together since she's never played and loves RPG's.

In order for us to play and have a "group", I use MQ2 and dual-bot on my machine giving us three characters instead of just two. Mainly I do that because I don't like the built-in bots and don't want to just play a healer.

The problem I'm having relates to sending /tells. I use tells to communicate with the bot character and tell it to attack, etc. With the default server, it keeps blocking my tells after a few sends and giving me a timeout before I can send another tell.

I have searched and searched and for the life of me can't find where this timeout rate is stored. If anybody knows where I can find that setting, I would great appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2011, 11:02 PM
trevius
Developer

I am not sure, but my guess would be it is karma related in the rule_values table.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Dramier
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
I am not sure, but my guess would be it is karma related in the rule_values table.
Based on looking at the source code, it seems to be related to the player's status rather than karma and some rule sets. However, I still have not found any references to setting the level allowed for the anti-spam (which is what is causing the problem)

Since I'm running a private little LAN server, I just bumped the account status levels up to 10 and that effectively seems to have eliminated the problem. Thanks for your help trevius, it is appreciated!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:10 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramier View Post
Based on looking at the source code, it seems to be related to the player's status rather than karma and some rule sets. However, I still have not found any references to setting the level allowed for the anti-spam (which is what is causing the problem)

Since I'm running a private little LAN server, I just bumped the account status levels up to 10 and that effectively seems to have eliminated the problem. Thanks for your help trevius, it is appreciated!
Use the following sql to manipulate the karma\antispam rule values.

update rule_values set rule_value = 'false' where rule_name = 'Chat:EnableAntiSpam';
update rule_values set rule_value = 10 where rule_name = 'Chat:GlobalChatLevelLimit';
update rule_values set rule_value = 720 where rule_name = 'Chat:KarmaGlobalChatLimit';
update rule_values set rule_value = 200 where rule_name = 'Chat:MinStatusToBypassAntiSpam';
Old 04-28-2011, 03:52 AM
Zothen
Hill Giant

Thanks, had similiar issues which are now fixed. *cheer*