Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:47 PM
shamanistik
Sarnak

Default need help with items please.

Hi there, just decided to play eqemu again with some friends, so I try to make a server for the last 2 days.

Everything is finally good, but the problem at the moment.. is I can't update the 13th floor items.. I downloaded the xml, and even the txt file (items.txt)

And I try to upload it into the db with navicate lite, using the wizard. but I can't make it work ;(

so if anyone know how I can upload the item db.. please help.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:27 AM
trevius
Developer

Just use the PEQ database to get your items. It isn't 100% current, but I think it is still recent enough to have nearly everything in it that 13th floor does.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:18 AM
shamanistik
Sarnak

what exactly you mean by PEQ database? in the db I have after compiling server, I have around 2000 items..
Old 04-11-2011, 09:29 AM
joligario
Developer

The PEQ database has 84588 items from 13th floor already loaded in.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:34 AM
shamanistik
Sarnak

aye I must apologize for your time lost, the navicate pages only show 1000 or 2000 at a time.. and the next button was hidden down right..
Old 04-11-2011, 10:42 AM
shamanistik
Sarnak

ok.. apparently I have no items in game. since the start, I couldn't find any item inside, vendors, loot, or by the #search #summon commands ;(

I can see some items thru item editor, but most of the last ones make the program crash.
I play with Underfoot.. maybe it's a clue??
Old 04-11-2011, 11:22 AM
sorvani
Dragon

no idea. I built a server straight from the windows setup guide updated in January and everything works fine for it with all 3 clients.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Jaekob
Sarnak

Make sure your revisions are all the same (db & eqemu code) or source in all of the latest updates to get everything current. I've ran into the missing items issues when I failed to get all the updates I needed.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:14 PM
shamanistik
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaekob View Post
Make sure your revisions are all the same (db & eqemu code) or source in all of the latest updates to get everything current. I've ran into the missing items issues when I failed to get all the updates I needed.
Could you explain that more clearly please? sorry but am pretty new to all that stuff..

for now I deleted everything but the softwares needed, and I am starting over. from the guide (updated january)
and this time I remove the botrelease.. doing normal one, it's to play with friends anyway
Old 04-11-2011, 01:27 PM
shamanistik
Sarnak

ok redone everything and it works.. no idea why.. but it works ! thanks everyone
Old 07-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Melandril
Sarnak

item updates require a world server reboot.

I found this out last night =) there's a brief message when the World server starts that states it imported all items. Updates to the DB do not take effect until the World server reboots. Hope that helps others not spend an hour comparing "custom" and "exisiting" item entries to discover why the "new" item won't appear even when added to the player inventory