Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:56 PM
sdhelms
Fire Beetle

Default EQEmu-Rev1887 Question

I am currently in the process of following a "set up your own server" guide and when I went to the google download page for EQEmu, I noticed that the current revision, 1887, has patch_HoT.conf - does this mean that HoT can be used with this revision?

If that's the case, is there anything special that needs to be done regarding the installation of HoT? For instance, where the Underfoot expansion has to be from Steam, etc etc. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Note: I did a forum search, but nothing regarding this revision came up (it was only uploaded to google 4 days ago). If there's an existing topic that I missed, I will happily head that way. Just let me know.

Edit: Something I forgot to mention (being that this is my first install) if I am using a newer (or the newest) revision of EQEmu with, say, Everquest Titanium, will I run into issues with not having the later versions of EQ?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

I'm not sure what the status is of the HoT stuff in the server. If we have a patch you would likely be able to login at least. There is probably a page around that explains what works and what doesn't in that version of the server.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:10 AM
trevius
Developer

First, using Titanium will always be supported in EQEmu, so you don't have to worry about that. There are definitely advantages to using newer clients, but Titanium is fully playable and always will be. See this Wiki page for some of the features on newer clients:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ClientFeatures

As for HoT, there isn't really anything explaining it yet. It basically means you are playing with a fully patched to Live client. We are not really keeping up on patches from Live for HoT, so you may or may not be able to even fully log into a zone with it. Even though there is a patch file for it, we definitely are no where near fully compatible with it so it would basically be unplayable compared to any of the fully supported EQEmu clients as seen on this list:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ClientVersions

Basically the state of HoT will probably remain as it is now until SOE releases their next expansion and updates the client version on Steam. Otherwise, we will be fighting with Live each patch they do to make sure the server is updated and compatible. Once there is a static download from Steam, we can be pretty sure that it won't change again for another year which makes putting work into it much more worth-while. It will be a considerable amount of work to get it fully functional, but once we have the new client that will be used for EQEmu, it shouldn't take long to get HoT 95% or so caught up with the other clients and the last 5% may take a while but will probably be worked out over time.