Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:57 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Question What is your EQemu client of choice?

I am just curious as to which client you guys preffer, Titanium, Secrets of Faydwer, ect...

Personal i stick with seeds of destruction.

What do you guys use.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 09-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

I use SoF because apparently it only sucks in windows and runs nicely under wine. I've been tempted to get HoT though as a handful of players have expressed that they like it quite a bit.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:12 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Underfoot.

HoT has barely any work done on it yet.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

Gotta say im happiest with SoD, like UF but old computer didnt run it well, gonna give it a new go on the new rig i got.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:36 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I use Underfoot for everything.

Everyone that says they are using the HoT client is really using Underfoot. http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ClientVersions
Old 09-28-2011, 04:37 AM
trevius
Developer

I have always preferred SoD since we got it fully functional. Though, recently I have started using UF since it is virtually as good as SoD once you copy over the needed files.

Since my server has a lot of SoF/SoD content, about 95%+ of my players run clients later than Titanium (mostly SoD).

The new expansion should be coming out soon and I expect it to be on Steam prior to release. I am hoping that it is a complete client (not missing files like UF). If so, it would be a good candidate for a new client upgrade. We will need to work out the opcodes, but most of them shouldn't be too bad. Then, there will certainly be a few more issues to work out like the bags over 10 slots, but I think we will be able to get those resolved as well.

The good thing is that if Steam follows how they handled previous clients, the new expansion will be available for download from them free for anyone who has purchased SoF, SoF, UF, or HoT from Steam. When they update the download, they have updated it for all clients in the past. This means you should be able to copy your old Steam EQ folder to another location and delete the one in the Steam folder, then download the client you purchased again and it should be the new expansion. I am sure there will be threads on it when that happens, so keep an eye out!

For anyone running EQ from your Steam folder, I HIGHLY recommend making a backup of the folder you use now in another location. Otherwise, if Steam updates, you will likely not be able to use the new client for a while.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:28 PM
eviakhan
Fire Beetle

I have been playing with Titanium and Underfoot and I am finding I like Underfoot better!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Xasekis
Fire Beetle

was just wondering where i could download to get to playing if anyone could direct me i havent played since kmra days . i know morte had his own kmra site to where you could download directly in just jump in and play is there any way like this still?