Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:51 PM
beaon
Fire Beetle

Default Steam, Underfoot, and Linking my account

Hi Everyone,

So I am trying to setup EQEMU and have chosen to purchase underfoot off steam. I just wanted to confirm the following.

Steam states that in order to complete my install, I need to link my steam purchase with an everquest underfoot account. They provide a link to SOE's website with some code.

However steam IS downloading the client, so I am assuming I can skip all of this and proceed to setting up an EQEMU account? I mean all I need steam to do is download the client correct? Thanks everyone.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:10 PM
beaon
Fire Beetle

Ok the answer to my question is. You do not need to follow the added instructions from steam. You just need the client files downloaded.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:54 PM
sorvani
Dragon

You will also need a bunch of files from Live, SoD, and/or Titanium.

Once steam completes the download, copy (not move) the entire EQ folder to another location. Then make a back up copy so you neve have to download again from scratch.

Run eqemu out of this new directory not the steam directory.

Now launch the steam version from the steam icon on your desktop and let it patch to Live so you will have a source for the files you need. I'm on my phone atm so I don't have the list of files you will need from Live handy.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:31 AM
daerath
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
You will also need a bunch of files from Live, SoD, and/or Titanium.

Once steam completes the download, copy (not move) the entire EQ folder to another location. Then make a back up copy so you neve have to download again from scratch.

Run eqemu out of this new directory not the steam directory.

Now launch the steam version from the steam icon on your desktop and let it patch to Live so you will have a source for the files you need. I'm on my phone atm so I don't have the list of files you will need from Live handy.
Is this set of instructions still required for launching a Steam purchased copy of the client? If so, which files are needed from Live to get the client operational?
Old 11-17-2011, 12:37 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Prior to the new expansion a couple days ago the current instructions were on the wiki
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ssingFilesList

With VoA released it is likely the Steam client will change and may or may not be compatible.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:41 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

That link was what I followed to get all the files onto the UF folder. Actually, I found almost all the files from Titanium, and a few on SoF
I just bought UF from Steam a few weeks ago. Works!

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 11-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Baruuk
Sarnak

Not to hijack the thread - but on a similar note, is Titanium purchasable online still somewhere? I've been using Underfoot and it works fine but from time to time I wouldn't mind having the Titanium client just for testing purposes on my server.

Thanks.

EDIT: Ignore - I just saw a copy on Ebay/Amazon - $60. youch.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Optimus
Fire Beetle

I just did a quick search and found: http://www.discdirect.net/products/E...FUSF18%0A.html

$11.24 and free shipping. Never heard of them, but it only a few bucks.