Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:56 AM
louis1016
Hill Giant

Yes the random interval generator thats used in the code has the lower and upper limit in parenthesis, which is the 1 and 2700000. So after the first random chance in the beginning a random number between 1 and 2700000 is generated which is the number of miliseconds until the next check. that means that it will take at most 45 minutes for the check, so it could happen any time. After that another random number is generated and so on, so there could be many checks for weather change in 45 minutes or there could be at least one.

Another way to alter the code while keeping this amount of weather checks is to alter the 1 in 5 chance of weather change at a weather check. This is in zone.cpp at line 1270.

Quote:
if(tmpweather >= 80)
means its an 80% chance weather wont change at the check. Alter this to whatever you want, id say use 65 or something but change it however you see fit.

Quote:
Also, I've seen on the boards, and am having some trouble compiling the whole source code. It runs into issues compiling queryseve, which I think compiles the chatserver exe. If I'm using all of the other files it compiles and getting the server up and running, that won't cause any issues, will it?
No this wont cause any problems with compile errors. If your running into problems when compiling queryserve and your using visual studio you need to go to Build - Configuration manager, make sure the drop box on the left is set to release or releasebots and then uncheck the box for queryserve.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:41 AM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

Yeah that's what I did for compilation. Although the most recent one DID give me a chatserver exe, so I don't know what file I'm not getting. Seems like as long as I get world, zone, and eqlaunch, I'm good.

I set the values super low just to check and it works. Also looks like the intensity can vary a ton so I think you're right. I ended up settling on checking a maximum of every 17 minutes. Thanks!