Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:54 AM
oslander
Sarnak

Default My server is up but I don't know what to do from here.

I just created a public server using the guide by Huppy successfully. I am very new to this so I really need some step by step guides to getting things going.

#1: How can I make the character I made head GM?
#2: How do I shut my server down where it's locked but I can still work on it?
#3: Are there any updated guides for a new server admin with steps?

I looked on the main wiki but it seemed many of the things were heavily out-dated and a lot of links broken.

Thanks for your time! And special thanks to Huppy for the awesome guide!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Luccian
Sarnak

When you get in game, alot of the commands you'll be using to create and edit NPCs can be found in the #help command.

To create an NPC that can be a Guild Master you'd #spawn <name>. I find this the easiest way. Afterwards you'd need to #npcspawn create to enter it in the database. #repop will repop your zone, enabling it to respawn with your actual mob. From there you can #npcedit its race, size, class, gender, texture (cloth, leather, plate, etc), wep1, wep2, and whole lots more. (#npcedit help).

To lock your server when you're in it just #lock. However this will lock it when you manually do it, you could have it set to lock on server boot up though by changing the eqemuserverconfig.xml in your server directory. In order to have people log in when it's locked though you'll have to unlock, let them in, and them relock it. Then flag their account to enter when locked from the server.

You'll also want some tools to make most of your work a bit easier. GeorgeS has a whole slew of tools I love. He, and everyone involved in creating the applications are really a godsend for the more novice server admins. I know my friends and I use his tools for alot of things.

Weapon Encyclopedia - Gives you a visual of all weapon, shield, helm, and armor textures available up to House of Thule expansion. So when you want to create some items, and want to know what graphic to use just scroll through here and take a look.

EQ Item Editor - A great tool to use to actually create items (weapons, armor, etc..) without manually doing it in the DB. There are a few things I'd like to see in it (the ability to make a new item from scratch instead of copy/ editing already existing ones), however it is still amazing.

DB Editing Tool Suite - This has a few tools in it. It has a trade skill creating/ editing application so you can have custom trade recipes, as well as an NPC editor in case you want to make massive changes to a zone or group of NPCs on the fly without using #npcedit on each individual in game.**

EQEmu Guidebook v.13 - A guidebook created for the Emu community with lots of useful info for an aspiring server admin. I use it still for some grid information now and again. Very very good, even if its a little out dated.

Spawning Tutorial - I haven't personally used this, because I didn't know it existed when I first got interested in making custom stuff in EQ servers. I was shown everything in the beginning. However this looks like it has video tutorials showing how to spawn NPCs and edit them. Very useful!

**I learned after we wiped our server that #npctypespawn is a great command if you want to have similar NPCs in a zone or area, and don't need individual NPCIDs for each. So it is great if you want to change the whole area's NPCs at once, because they are all technically the same if that makes sense at all (sorry if it doesn't).

-Note- Forgot to add the actual link to GeorgeS's website. Here ya go http://www.georgestools.eqemulator.net/

Last edited by Luccian; 03-07-2012 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: Added Info
Old 03-07-2012, 12:54 PM
louis1016
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslander View Post
#1: How can I make the character I made head GM?
Go to the accounts table in the database and change your account status to 250 then go to the commands table and change the commands that you want only your status to have.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:39 AM
oslander
Sarnak

Thank you very much. This helped a good deal. I'm getting a lot of errors though that are driving me nuts. Mainly with bots.

Database Error #1146: 'Table 'peq.botinventory' doesn't exist
Old 03-08-2012, 08:48 AM
Luccian
Sarnak

I don't use bots, so I wouldn't know how to help. I'm sorry
Old 03-08-2012, 09:51 AM
bad_captain
Developer

From the peq database download, there should be a file load_bots.sql. Run that, then check the utils/sql folder for any sql update with bots in the name. I would say there's probably 5 or 6 required updates in there. Some of them may have been added to the peq load_bots.sql, but I doubt it.