Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 07-27-2012, 05:21 PM
dburg30
Sarnak

Default Have a tradeskill recipe question, but no real place to post it

So I'll post it here..

Wanting to make a custom tradeskill recipe, just to see how it works.. So I have georges tool, made a new recipe, used tailoring as the skill, 0 as low 10 as trivial.. set up using 3 spider silks to create a shattering hammer.. like i said I just grabbed random stuff to see how it works.. which it doesnt.. I have restarted the server, figure you have to do that for new recipes?? I have container set to large sewing kit, deluxe sewing kit and sewing kit.. i have summoned a large and deluxe kit, have summoned the exact item numbers for the spider silks, have looked in the DB and my entries look just like others but I get 'can not combine these items in this container type'.. Am I missing some other entry somewhere??? Any help would be awesome. Thanks.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:25 PM
dburg30
Sarnak

OK... well that was weird I was in experiment, where I thought you could just combine what you thought you needed to use and it would work if it was a valid combine.. guess that's not what experiment is for? Searched for the recipe, and it found it and combines fine.. so what is experiment for and why wouldnt it work??
Old 07-27-2012, 08:19 PM
joligario
Developer

Experiment is to combine items that don't have a "visible" recipe or a recipe that needs to be "learned" first.

Another thing about experiment mode is that if there is another recipe with the exact same recipe components, it may not produce what you expect.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:33 PM
dburg30
Sarnak

Ok.. was just weird that I could combine like 2 spider silks for a swatch, and I figured it wouldnt need to be learned.. and experiment worked for it..

and initially i had like 2 bone chips and 2 bat wings something weird lol so it wouldnt match another recipe. i even searched eqtraders to make sure.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:09 PM
joligario
Developer

There is an option in the recipe tables which forces the client to hide the recipe until it is learned.