Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-04-2002, 02:43 AM
octapult
Fire Beetle

Default Having problem zoning into Thurgadina

Everytime I try to zone into thurgadina (using #zone command), I get kicked back to desktop and get a message window saying it can't find the file " " (yes its blank), please contact Sony blah blah blah. When I reloged back into the character selecting screen, it showed that the char is in an unknow zone and I can't logon this char anymore. I run EverQuest.exe and did a complete file check, but it didn't help. I was thinking the problem is due to my world database (I downloaded from 0.3.6 DB Addon to 0.3.11 DB Addon to establish my world database). But the same problem exists when I try to zone into thurgadina on other people's servers on eqemu.net.

Is anyone having the same problem as I do?

edit: I deleted all thurgadin* files in my EverQuest directory and redownloaded them all from the patch server. The problem still exists :(
Old 11-04-2002, 05:16 AM
kunta
Sarnak

Same here, and also when I zone to thurgadinb, I end up in thurgadina, and it says im in icewell, and all the mobs in the zone are bunched up in one spot.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:17 AM
Xarslik
Hill Giant

I've had the same problem. Not exactly sure what causes it, possibly a faulty entry in the database (check the safe coords).
Old 11-06-2002, 02:13 AM
wolfgang
Fire Beetle

Default you too?

have you tryed to zone into keal i have the same problem with that zone too.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:26 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Those 2 zones seem to have problems, and will cause your zoneservers to crash.. (sleepers too apparetly).

I would remove them from your zonelist for the time being to keep people from crashing your zones going into them...
Old 11-06-2002, 04:53 AM
octapult
Fire Beetle

I can't zone into Thurgadina on my own localhost server nor other servers on eqemu.net. I get a message window saying it can't find the file " " in both situations.

As for Kael, I can't zone into it on my own server or most of the servers on eqemu.net, either. Though there is an exception, that I can zone into Kael on Proto-X server on eqemu.net. How strange it is, the safe point of Kael in my own eq database has the same value as Proto-X server, which makes me think that the problem might not be the wrong safe point.

Oh, and the last thing, I can zone into Sleeper no problem on my own localhost server and other servers on eqemu.net.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:46 AM
astemus
Hill Giant

It seems that the spawn data for both thurgadina and thurgadinb are switched, so that may have something to do with the crashing

Signature
Old 11-07-2002, 05:00 AM
Gremi
Fire Beetle

Kael and Sleepers both work perfect for me, but thurg, gives me the same pop up cant find file " ". Seems to be a zone that needs work on spawn/placement something that needs to be worked on, and something i am going to look at on my network quite soon.

Grem.....
Old 11-07-2002, 05:21 AM
Korakin
Sarnak

In Sleeper's the database was adding too many mobs. This caused people to eat lag and then crash. Other than that problem, it worked fine (after zone was depopped). Not sure if it's related but it might be. ServerOPs might want to check out the zones/DB.