Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-10-2002, 12:30 PM
Zetareticuli
Fire Beetle

Default Limitations?

Ok. The thought of being able to play everquest for free and on a personal server is enough to make any grown man wet himself. But is there totall truth in what eqemu is supposed to do and what it does. Not only does it sound hard to get working (not nessesarily the fault of eqemu), but it also sounds like there are a lot of missing features, such as creatures and abilities. I was just wondering if I could get a listing of what all it really does and does not do.

Thanks.

now can I have my buffs plz?
Old 11-10-2002, 01:35 PM
Darkuwa
Fire Beetle

its is extremly easy to use you simply change the eqhost text and when you log on you go through the start menu instead of clicking the icon.
Old 11-10-2002, 04:01 PM
Zetareticuli
Fire Beetle

Um maybe you did not understand the question... But thanks for the info, anyhow.

Old 11-10-2002, 04:39 PM
Bardboy
Hill Giant

Can you please refraise the question please?

Blackadder
Old 11-10-2002, 05:08 PM
Zetareticuli
Fire Beetle

Ok, here's the question. I guess I did not make my self clear, and I am sorry. I want to know what the limitations are of the emu. What can it do and what cant it do. For example I hear the horses are not in the emu as well as several abilities and AA's. Then I heard somewhere that not all mobs were in the emu. Can someone give me a list of all the things it can and cant do? Thanx

Zetareticuli

Old 11-11-2002, 02:49 AM
TheClaus
Discordant

Well when dealing with any MMO game the emulator will always be in beta until the company stops making changes to it. You are correct about the things you said.

Horses do not work
AA last I heard doesn't work
Mobs are easy to add into the database but I am sure they are missing.

Some stuff works but not like LiveEQ. Pets is being worked on right now. So that should be fix soon. There is always problems with zoning and ld. There is so much more to go into but not going to.

I think the question you should ask yourself is are you hoping that EQEMU is an exact duplicate of EQLive. If so then your in the wrong place right now. EQEmu has grown leaps and bounds since I remember first starting with it but it is still in its infancy. There is alot that works but so much that does not. With EQLive patching it makes the emulator unstable and breaks more things.

As for a list well you think of how many things are in EQ now and you'll understand why it is hard to give a list.