Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-08-2002, 12:30 PM
quester
Hill Giant

Actually, i've added a few fixes, and added npc procs into the emulator.

My apologies if I have a real life, and a copmany to run instead of spending my whole time coding for this.

I don't have to do any of these changes if it bothers you.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:20 PM
kunta
Sarnak

quester keep up the good work, dev/noob just hasnt seen all the stuff that you have done. I guess they spend more time coding than trolling the boards (which is a good thing)
Old 11-08-2002, 02:16 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

No doubt Noob.. Im looking through the changelog right now, I dont see any changes with YOUR name on them... Give the guy a break, I've already seen some of the stuff he's done, at least he's offering to share his changes, thats alot more than I've seen anyone outside of the dev team do in awhile...
Old 11-09-2002, 09:04 AM
laza
Fire Beetle

im not a coder nor did i ever say i was. what i was talkin about is " wish the devs would say somthing" comment. why would the devs bother to comment when the only code they have seen is what i mentioned above? that makes no sense. post somthing they can see and play with and then they might care to post.

grrrrr friend was on my pc and logged himself in

<--- /dev/n00b btw.
Old 11-12-2002, 07:18 AM
quester
Hill Giant

Just an update on this. I got busy this weekend playing, so didn't get as much done as I wanted to.

I have most of this code finished, but I can't test it until I finish rearranging some stuff I started working on in emusharemem.
Old 11-12-2002, 04:11 PM
kunta
Sarnak

Quote:
Please Post Snippets Or Diffs
...of code you change.. otherwise we have to diff our files which have other modifcations, and find what you changes, THEN merge it..try something like this
/zone/client.cpp(path/file..make sure you include path):4567(line number to start)

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pp.aapoints = atoi(sep.arg[1]);
message << "Set your AA Points to: " << pp.aapoints << endl;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

makes it much easier on us to merge it

If you are changing the lines of code, also paste the block(s) of corresponding orginal source(from the zip) .. also.. i just made the above example up, don't do it

This is the way the dev forum says to post code, this is how quester has done it every time, I dont see where he has only done one thing. Have you seen the other work that he has done noob? Because if not, he has done alot more than just the one thing that you mentioned. I am not trying to argue with you just curious if you personally have not seen the code that he has done. And for the devs, if he followed the "set" proceedure, then why would his code not be added? It seems pretty beneficial to me, but I could be wrong, I dont know c++ good enough yet to know.
Old 11-12-2002, 11:33 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

This is a dead topic, lets not reopen it.. There should be a standard agreement between a dev team member and the general world that a post on a CODE FIX in the eqemu development forum will at least get a reponse. I dont think they need to answer every question that pops up on development, but for ones that are actual code changes If someone takes the time to put some code together, as the sticky asks, then someone from the team needs to respond to it to say 'Yes, good change, we'll see about putting it in' , or 'No, we shouldnt put it in because .....'

The fact is though, not all the dev's use the forums, the best way to get a code fix in is to put a server up, go onto irc and say , 'check it out, this is whats working on my server', then ask the dev's in IRC to take/look at the change. The forums arent the best place to contact the dev's, IRC is better because you can talk to them right there. 9/10's of the real work happens on irc.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:36 AM
quester
Hill Giant

Ok everythign seems to be workign well now as for as the BASIC profile support. By basic, I mean just raw absolute values pulled form profiles, with all the cross referencing working, as well as DB autodection to ue the correct layout.

On the to-do list either tonight or sometime this weekend (Depends on how much EQ I play):

- Conversion tool to migrate existing DB and values to new layout
- Ability to use tokens in the profiles, such as hp = &lev/6*&sta
- Simple GUI front end for creating/modifying npc's, since the EQAdmin tool obviously won't support this.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:28 AM
quester
Hill Giant

I've gotten a few emails from people asking me to release what I have, even though the parser and converter isn't finished.

So i'm going to go through things tonight when I get home from work, verify it works soli, then release it.

The caveats on this release are as follows:
1) The DB converter isn't done, so you will have to do that yourself
2) The token parser isn't done, so for now all profile values will have to be constants -- hard numbers -- instead of formulas.

Once I finish the token parser, I can just update that one function in the release, since right now it goes through a stub anyway.
Old 11-27-2002, 12:41 PM
quester
Hill Giant

Ok, the preliminary code has been posted in the dev forum:

http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.p...4066#post24066