Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:43 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

Thumbs up Kmra!!

I am a Player

King Mortensons Raid Addicts Has been been around for A Long time, over 8Years i believe ( I am Sorry if i got it wrong)

This was also In fact the very first EQemu Server i have played,
This was back in 2007, There is Alot of content in the server,
It can be Very tough at times, But at the same time It is Very much Fun

So I have played this server since 2007, which will be 6 years this octember
i HAVE never ran out of content to do, The Server is Rich In content
Never got Bored, Every server has always made me want to come back to KMRA - Due to Content

Reasons To play

1. Years Of Content to Play though , ( New Tier coming out soon When it does) 5 full Tiers to play! this isnt just 1-2 zones per tier , it is Atleast 10 progressive Tiers to Play
2. 6BOX Limit, So you dont get any 9-12Boxers running around Destrying everything Making it hard to balance For the lower Solo/Boxer
3. There is usualy a good Amount of People That Play allowing opportunties to Actually Group up and Progress
4. There is Solo Content, T1 has Rececntly Been Nearly 100% revamped to Allow Solo or 1-2 Boxable,off course The Bosses are Designed for a group
5. I personally Believe a Nice and Friendly Dev team + GM
6. MQ Is Allowed to a extent , ( Nothing that will cause a disadvantage to another person) etc useable for Eqbc/Maps/Stick and Things like that
7. Bugs get Fixed as a 1st most important thing, Bugs/Player Issues then Content ,
8. There is Complicated Events on certain encounters, Thus making the event more intersting than the standard Tank/Spank

Also Players that Like Drama, Drama is Allowed to a Extent, Aslong as your Not harassing other Players or causing a stir for no reason with /ooc.

Every player on the server is Friendly And Always Willing to help People
( Even the Drama Queens Will help people when needed)
Usually After they seen the Player give a decent amount of effort into the problem they have encountered

My Main is Called Bowstank ( Yes Please laugh I didnt think about it before I made it , idea behied it was Bows then tank With surname it is Bowstank Thenhewashed) A bit of a Laugh and Giggles For people

If Anyone have any Questions or Do start up and want a bit of help
Including Information, Where to Start off, Or even Help with Tier Bosses
just give me a /tell And i will be inclined to Help

Regards Bow
Old 02-11-2013, 12:08 AM
c0ncrete
Dragon

i realize this is intended to be a positive post, but i really don't think making public announcements about someone else's personal issues is appropriate.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Zamthos
Discordant

I second the motion that revealing personals issues is not appropriate, even if they aren't around anymore, it really isn't our business.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:34 AM
boweq
Hill Giant

Edited to remove that Slight bit
Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 AM
Zamthos
Discordant

Why would you say "Also Players that Like Drama, Drama is Allowed to a Extent, Aslong as your Not harassing other Players or causing a stir for no reason with /ooc."? You're drawing in dramaqueens.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:51 AM
J3wish
Sarnak

The connection guide on the wiki is wrong I think. I havn't been able to connect to this server for a while now.. Following that guide atleast..
Old 02-11-2013, 04:54 AM
Soulcold
Sarnak

The guide is still accurate, depending on the client you're using. At least, it seems to be, I only gave it a quick glance since I wrote it awhile ago. Only problem I'm seeing is images aren't working properly.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 AM
J3wish
Sarnak

I've tried it using a SoD client and a HoT client. Neither are working. Unless I have to create a separate account.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:02 AM
boweq
Hill Giant

J3wish,
have you edited your eqhost and put the patchme thing on the shortcut?
Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM
J3wish
Sarnak

I use WinEQ2 to open my EQ games. It works on every other server and I have modified the eqhost to look like:

[LoginServer]
host=raidaddicts.org:5999
Old 02-11-2013, 06:24 PM
KingMort
Banned

We don't have our login server up right now disregard that information (note to self update wiki guide) point your host file to standard eqemulator.org

Morty
Old 02-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Soulcold
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3wish View Post
I use WinEQ2 to open my EQ games. It works on every other server and I have modified the eqhost to look like:

[LoginServer]
host=raidaddicts.org:5999
Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out, didn't catch it on my first read through.