Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-10-2002, 08:51 AM
SnapperPB
Fire Beetle

Default newbie here help

Hey i'm new to this, but the long and short of it is, I have everquest, i want to play, but i dont know how this thing works. Can i join free shards/ servers and play on them here? Will someone either give me a quick rundown/tutorial or just point me to a guide or something please. Thanks a lot!
Old 11-10-2002, 08:55 AM
tamarae
Hill Giant

Yes you can play on other people's free servers. See also the readme file at: www.eqemu.net. Link is on the left hand side.
Old 11-10-2002, 10:10 AM
SnapperPB
Fire Beetle

Hey i did everything in the readme sections, and i used EQW and got up to the screen where it asks you to login, i used my loginame and pass that i made here on the forums like it said to, and i got an error 1010, no host was found in everquest directory.

Am i supposed to open EQ emu directly into the everquest directory? Or even make it a sub directory. Any help is apprecaited, thank you!
Old 11-10-2002, 01:43 PM
SnapperPB
Fire Beetle

bump please help
Old 11-10-2002, 05:34 PM
tamarae
Hill Giant

Quote:

If you only want to connect to someone's server that is hosted on EQEmu.net's servers follow these steps if not skip this part.

1. Go to http://forums.eqemu.net and register an account (If you don't already have one). This account will be your "Loginserver account" as well as forum name.
2. Go to EverQuest Directory (C:\Program Files\EverQuest\) we will use this one as an example
3. Open "eqhost.txt" (located in everquest directory i.e C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqhost.txt
4. Delete any existing text inside the text file.
5. Copy and paste the following or download http://www.eqemu.net/eqhost.txt and save to EverQuest directory.

[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemu.net:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemu.net:5999"
"eqlogin2.eqemu.net:5999"
}

5. Load up EverQuest using EQW or the "patchme" method.
eqw: http://www.eqwindows.com
patchme: Load up EverQuest (eqgame.exe) with the command line "patchme"
(without quotes i.e "C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme")
6. Enter your Loginserver account information (username/password you made in step 1)
7. highlight a server (Forever-Hacking is a popular server and run by one of the devs) and connect to it.
8. HAVE FUN!!!!!
You dont need the emu files at all if you just want to connect. Use EQWindows like it says or use the patchme method and connect. Follow instructions above precisely and you will see all of the servers you can play on.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:19 PM
SnapperPB
Fire Beetle

Those are the steps i followed but i still got the error 1010 problem, it wont recognize the eqhost file that is there for some reason.

P.S.- what re the EQemu files for then?
Old 11-11-2002, 02:11 AM
SnaxMan
Fire Beetle

For hosting your own server, the only thing you need to do to play on the servers is to change the eqhost.txt and bypass the patcher.
Old 11-11-2002, 11:22 AM
SnapperPB
Fire Beetle

No i just want to connect to one of the regular servers, like it says in the readme, i just need it to recognize eqhost.txt and it wont, error 1010
Old 11-12-2002, 01:18 PM
SnapperPB
Fire Beetle

bump please help someone!
Old 11-12-2002, 06:45 PM
Zetareticuli
Fire Beetle

Your trying to connect to one of the EQEmu's server, correct? If so you simply need to make sure you have not patched eq to the point it has broken the emu. Then you need to tell it to connect to a different login server. The one you cut and pasted into your own
everquest directory. Then you need to use eqwindows, or the run command to bypass the patching process. The servers you connect to are the EQEmus servers, and they are the only ones you can play on, with out playing on a minilogin or someones personal login server.

As for your 1010 error. It sounds like you may have broken your emu by patching the latest.

I hope I got all this right, if not let me know.

now can I have my buffs plz?
Old 11-17-2002, 06:57 AM
Darkfugga
Fire Beetle

for some reason i cannot find eqhost.txt in everquest files
Old 11-17-2002, 07:58 AM
Darkfugga
Fire Beetle

found it