Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:16 PM
andy5427
Fire Beetle

Default Mercenary help

I am having a bit of an issue with this. I have enabled Mercanaries but when I rh click on the vendor, I see mercenaries for hire but they all have unknown db string XXXXXXXXXXX atached to them. Also, no matter which one I pick, I always get a warrior. He follows and fights and zones but I would like to have the other types available.

I followed this guide http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36676 to no avail. I even tried a new database and starting from scratch. Using rev2506 and sourcing in those exact steps. It has to be something stupid I keep missing because I even tried deleting all the Merc Isam files that rev2506 installs and then sourcing all the files in order from EQ\Source\utils\sql\svn and git-they all seem to load.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Burningsoul
Banned

Unknown strings usually points to a db_str.txt inconsistency. Using the spell editor you can create a new one and copy it over to your EQ game folder, should fix it right up.

For the all mercs being a warrior, I'd suspect that the merc queries were sourced in the wrong order - I had to do some serious digging and comparing to find the correct order they go in, since PEQ uses MyIASM and specific merc .sql's use innoDB as an engine, and it's pretty convoluted the way it has to be done currently...

If you source a fresh peq_dbrev2506, you have to drop ALL merc tables, then source mercs.sql from the eqsource/utils/sql/rev folder first, then the rest.

I'm sure it'll get fixed in time, but for now it's rather rough going until you figure out what needs to be done. If you still need help, I think I have the proper posts bookmarked someone in my clutter. Let me know.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:35 PM
andy5427
Fire Beetle

I never once thought it could be the client but you were right. I have another copy of UF(slightly modified it seems) and I logged in with out a hitch. No string of text and all types of mercs were available.

I looked at spells.us.txt and they are different sizes between the two clients I have.
Thanks for your advice very much. I guess its all good, now I know how to dump databases and reconfigure from scratch. I'm learning every day.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:10 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

The problem is with dbstr_us.txt not the spell file. The one that came with Underfoot was truncated. You need to replace it with one from another client or live.

This is mentioned here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ssingFilesList
Old 06-13-2013, 11:17 PM
andy5427
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the info Lerxst. I have been using that client for awhile on a different computer but never noticed because I haven't played on any servers who had Mercs enabled. On my other client that worked I switched the dbstr_us.txt with the one in the client that didn't. It was the difference
Thanks again.