Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Default EQEmu for Mac???

Hello Administrators, I went to the Google code site and saw that Cavedude was the lead on the Emulation of EverQuest for Mac, I am not a Mac user myself, but I just thought that was pretty, cool, is this service open to Mac users? If not, where is the development on such a project, is it far or far from being done? I'd really love some information on this topic. Another question, are any people playing on a Mac if it is possible, or maybe even running a server on a Mac? Thanks in advance for feedback.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:54 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I'm pretty sure that was just an effort to gather packet captures from the mac version of live eq before they shut it down.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Karayrem
Sarnak

It looks like there is a code to be able to run eqmac server along with a database although it looks like it's in alpha stages.

http://www.peqtgc.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=13724
Old 07-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Hmm, all right, that'd be awesome if it were finished, you could increase the population here rather substantially due to some people having a preference to Mac, I'll keep up with this project and see where it goes, unless it has been stopped, I'd love to see this happen, thanks for the responses.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Mitchell92
Fire Beetle

I'm on a Mac.

Parallels Desktop + Win 7 + EQ = EQEmu on Mac.

There is EQ for Mac and it's actually free, 100% free.

PC users have actually found a way to get on with the PC client, though... would be nice if there could be a way for us Mac users to get on the EQEmu servers.