Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:47 PM
HnathBST
Sarnak

Default Is it possible?

I have 2 IP addres on my VPS that runs my EQ Server. I would like for my main server to run on one IP and a test server to run on the second IP. I tried editing my configs and specifically setting the IP addresses (<address> and <localaddress> ) however my main server (launched first) seems to use all available IP's instead of only using the one specified. It'd be great if it was possible to do this, I know there are some parts of eqemu_config.xml.

Here's to hoping
-Hnath/Webbe
Old 10-31-2013, 05:21 PM
HnathBST
Sarnak

Looking through the code (with my limited knowledge of c++) I discovered INADDR_ANY in the all of the socket bind files (streamfactory, tcpserver, etc). My research of this constant (which turns out to be 0) says that it basically tells bind() to bind on all available interfaces. Which is EXACTLY what I don't want.

I have replaced them with pton("WorldAddress") and managed to get it to compile. The login server works (haven't tested if it binds on all addresses or not) world launches without error. The zone launcher starts and zones connect but disconnect and continually try to reconnect.

I'll play around with it a little more and post my results. Hopefully I can get this working, I'd really like to have a test server hosted on my VPS.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:23 PM
initium
Fire Beetle

I ran into the same issue, so I'll be interested to see if you're able to fix it.

My solution has been to have the two separate setups and just use different start/stop scripts. Not an ideal, long term solution.

I'm also working on setting up VMs (with kvm) to see if I can get a couple working using a bridged network card.