Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-13-2003, 08:54 AM
Rustyfarry
Fire Beetle

Default LD bug

I have ran into a problem where I will be fighting a mob and when i try casting a spell (I turn off attack to avoid procing bug) but it just wont cast...I then try using other commands like looking at my inventory or trying to attack again but nothing seems to work...I can still see people chatting so I am not really going LD but after like 2min I get "You have been disconnected".

This bug doesn't seem to be related to attacking anything, that was just an example. I have had it happen to me when i am just was standing still and doing nothing at all.

I have not tried to duplicate this bug on any other server. Only server that i have been using is Forever Hacking server. I have not tried to see if it happens on another char either. I do know that other people on that same server have experienced the exact same bug...I ask them what should i do...and they say you will go LD in a bit or try camping.

I have tried going to other zones to see if it is the specific zone that is causing the problem but it still happens in every zone i tried (about 8-9 different zones).

There has been times where this bug will happen every 2-3mins and the only way i have found to fix it is try and zone or camp.

I have no idea if it is server related but i really dont think it has anything to do with the specific zone.

lol i think that covers it all...
Old 02-13-2003, 07:53 PM
Rustyfarry
Fire Beetle

I think i have found the source of the problem....I never ran into this bug when i had non procing weapons and no dmg shield...I have found that when the mob takes so many non-melee hits per second it then runs into the LD bug. I tested this theory with out turning on attack and started using the the dd bracer that is insta cast...if i casted it very fast then i would run into this bug...

Originally i thought this bug had no consistency... but after many tests I have found out that it is non-melee dmg related...the times where I thought i ran into this bug when i was doing nothing was false...I tried using the effect on the item pure steel mantle and it said "in_valid spell" and then i would run into same LD problem...not sure if that is related at all either....

that is all that i know from my tests...if i find out more i will post again...
Old 02-14-2003, 09:22 AM
Tugurce
Hill Giant

I tried the same thing on my local minilogin server and I didn't encounter the problem. Hopefully it's localized to the Forever Hacking server.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:25 PM
Auldar
Sarnak

This sounds like the bug that has already been reported where an interuption to casting a spell either by a clicky item, or a normal spell, render's your UI locked up until you zone.

Some people can workaround it by using #castspell to free up the interface, but I've found that only to work in a few circumstances.

To avoid it until it's fixed:

1. Try not to cast when in melee. That goes for clicky items too.
2. Don't click twice on a clicky item too quickly. Wait until you are well and truely finished casting, and the recast timer has passed.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Well.. It sounds similar, but I dont know why that would cause you to go LD..

-Auldar
Old 02-16-2003, 12:21 PM
Rustyfarry
Fire Beetle

This is simular to the interupt casting bug...but slightly different..with the interupt casting bug you can still turn on and off attack but ld bug you cant...so far what i have noticed is that it might have something to do with specifically the Foreverhacking server I tried to duplicate this bug on other server but had no success...

I am trying to figure out if it has anything to do with the amount of battle lag there is....cause it seems like when i proc my weapons as fast as I hit (can o' woop ass speed) the procs have trouble keeping up with how much I am actually proccing for (hope that makes since to you).

I am not all certain that this bug is a result from my end....but from my tests it seems it is not, because I have never encoutered this bug in eqlive

please If you have encountered this bug and know a simple fix then please post...
Old 02-17-2003, 03:29 PM
sup2069
Hill Giant

Yep happens to me alot on the hacking server as well. When i have the can o' whoop ass i have two procing weaps that do around 5 to 6 procs in 5 secs! Pretty fast and then..."You have been disconnected." Oh well i guess 2hs is the way to go til the problem is fixed.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:32 AM
TwoSock
Fire Beetle

I use 2x sceptre of destruction and a 41% haste item and have maxed all my stats on my monk... however i use can o'whoop ass all the time also when meleeing and get no bugs at all..

i can ONLY produce this bug when i try casting another spell.. for example CH or Aego while fighting the mob.. it doesn't matter if i turn attack off and wait several seconds... if the mob is alive and hitting me the bug occurs and i can't do nothing till i zone or camp

so i only buff and heal between fights... can of whoop ass doesn't seem to give me any bugs and i'm grateful as it doesn't last very long lol

Should also mention that the Sceptre of destruction procs like insane... like 30-40 times during a fight.. at least. + i'm wearing a dmg shield at all times.. so the ammount of non melee the mob gets hit for is quite huge and yet no bug.

this is not on 1 server only btw.... it's all the servers i tried

Hope this helps a bit
Old 03-10-2003, 04:16 PM
mytopie
Fire Beetle

Default LD Bug

The reason why nobody on local network encounters this problem is that it is related to the speed of the connection, i'm on the net via 56k modem, the fastest connection i can get in this neck of the woods is 31k2:RX/24k:TX and i can barely stay connected to the servers, the problem seems to be in the connection timeouts or in the networking code it self, #datarate 2.5 helps but not always, even though i have it set quite low, i don't seem to have any lag per say.

Fast weapons, lots of spells, more than 1 person fighting (eg groups) generate alot of output, since the server side filter is still disabled, the server sends alot of unceccessary data for now, and that is what makes ppl go LD.

I can see exactly on my modem when i'm about to go LD because the TX Led is going wild and RX Led goes dead, my guess would be that some timeout variable in the network code is missing a zero or two on the end

Dingo
Old 03-10-2003, 06:20 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

This error should be fixed, it was a bug in the core network code.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:57 PM
mytopie
Fire Beetle

Bug is still there, it doesn't happend on fast connections like cable modems/dsl, but on 31k2 modem connection it still happends any time there is anything else using the bandwidth for longer than 2-3 seconds, i'm positive that the fix you were talking about Quagmire is implemented on darogar's server so this may be just some different bug.

if you want someone with crappy connection as a lab rat so you can debug this thing, just drop me private message, i'll be happy to spend as much time as you need going LD :lol: to help to get rid of this thing

Dingo :juggle: