Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-15-2003, 07:10 AM
DuDeMaN
Sarnak

Default Account.myi

My server worked just fine just a few mins ago, but i just tried to zone, and got booted, when i checked out the world.exe to see what was going on.. i got "Cannot open account.myi, errorno 145"... and i notice i get the same error everytime someone tries to log onto my server, then they automatically get disconnected..I also get the error when i try to do a mysqldump on my database of the account table... i didn't change anything, or do anything to it, so i dono whats going on with it. It tells me the same thing when I try to use FQadmin. The same thing happened about a week ago, so i just got a new database, but I had to start all over with my custom spawns and items. Anyone know a fix for this besides getting a new db? any help is appriceated, thanks

BTW, for those of you who usually connect to my server, it will be down till i can get this fixed (you couldn't connect anyway) :-P

*edit*
well, i've found this file, its in c:\mysql\data\eq.. but I still can't figure out why the server is unable to open it to load the proper data for each account? Or would it be a problem with my mysql?
Old 06-15-2003, 09:14 PM
Muuss
Dragon

try with this, that's the basics :

check the file size, if its nil, or abnormally big, it could mean that the file is simply corrupted

after that, log on mysql, and type

use eq;
show tables;

check if you see account in the list of the tables.

if you see it :

show columns from account;

compare the returned structure with a valid one (find it in a recent sql.db).

this should alllow you to check the integrity of your table, post back for more help once done...

Burthold posted a link where he described the database schema :
http://www.rpg-forums.com/eq_44.htm#account,
Old 06-16-2003, 05:13 AM
DuDeMaN
Sarnak

Default same error

thanks for the reply...

the account table is there when i use show tables;... but when i type 'show columns from account;' i get the same error as before, "ERROR 1016: Can't open file: 'account.MYI'. (errno: 145)".. but the command works fine in my new db, but that's not what I need, hehe, any other ideas? Thanks again
Old 07-10-2003, 02:59 AM
Dave987
Discordant

Default I also got this prob

I got pretty much the same prob

Mine happened when I upgraded to 4.4 , but instead of account.myi
mine is character_.myi

I tried what you said , using show tables from character_.myi

It still says : ERROR 1016: Can't open file `character_.myi`. (errorno: 145)

>_

(Same to all users of The Scary Server :( )

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-10-2003, 06:17 AM
Muuss
Dragon

have u checked if u have that file in ur mysql directory ?

lets say that u don't have that missing file :

- if u have a backup of ur character_ table, do this :

use eq;
drop table character_;
source yourbackup.sql

it will recreate all the necessary files.

- if u don't have any backup, first, copy all the character_.* files into a diff directory, u ll need them later.

use eq;
drop table character_;
CREATE TABLE character_ ( id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, account_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0', name varchar(64) NOT NULL default '', profile blob, guild int(11) default '0', guildrank tinyint(2) unsigned default '5', x float NOT NULL default '0', y float NOT NULL default '0', z float NOT NULL default '0', zonename varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', zoneid smallint(5) not null default '0', alt_adv blob, PRIMARY KEY (id), UNIQUE KEY name (name), KEY account_id (account_id)) TYPE=MyISAM;

this will recreate a clean character_ table. Now, copy the character_.* files u saved earlier in ur mysql/var dir, and ur problem should be fixed... i hope )

Muuss