Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-15-2003, 03:14 PM
BlissBoi
Sarnak

Default Whats a good server? Post Idea's about what YOU want.

Ok look, theres legit,nonlegit uberlegit all that other stuff, it gets old after awhile, i think they should have a server with all of it combined.. The insta lvl 60 and stuff i mean thats ok.. and im guessing alot of ppl like that, See emu is fun but it can be funner, I noticed some servers making u quest for armor, see thats awesome, but alot of servers r being lazy and saying oh u go kill this mob get some drops and uhmm yur uber... Doesnt that get boring? ... Or just summoning yur armor and be happy? Id rather earn it through a hard task, something u accomplish not just #summonitem God's piercer lol. I know someones gonna flame me and say : Go back to live then loser... I dont want too it sux.. so dont bother posting that.. :twisted:

But Merths is a kewl server same with krushers and hammers, there going in the right direction, we just need some upgrades, post your ideas, :idea:

Maybe Merth, Shawn and all the other guys will read this and make it kewler. If not owell its still fun.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:31 AM
Ccampos
Fire Beetle

The grammar in that post made me cry.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:06 AM
Elrach
Sarnak

How about...his name is offensive to me. Ban or change?

There are all manners of servers being built with different themes and ideas. Stick around, wait for the summer to pass (always slower on the EQ scene in the summer) and you'll see.

But if you ask me, a good server is one that has continuity (sp?). Just dropping in, #level 65, #setallskill 255, #summonitem allIwant does not usually tend to that, unless the GM generates a lot of new content to challenge those folks.

Personally, perfect EQ is 1 - 2 groups. Start lvl 1, faster XP rate. No tradeskills, lots of good quests, and a storyline to accomplish. No 72 ppl raids, no PvP. Essentially, kill all the timesinks, yet allow players to develop their characters. And finally, give the adventurers a purpose other than "get the best gear in the game!"

Once the final goal is accomplished, reset the server, wipe it all out, they won. Let other folks try it out while you build your new server theme, and start all over again.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:06 AM
xXToilet_DuckXx
Sarnak

i was also looking for a good legit server that is not pvp, and in the green section because they are reliable i think (not sure, that's just what i heard). i was considering winter's roar, but do they have any fun quests? and if not, which servers do?
Old 07-17-2003, 02:34 AM
BlissBoi
Sarnak

Default ....

I dont mean to affend ppl by my accnt name, My friend typed it in cause he was pissed off at my friend aaron, and I didnt know he did or that it would show up, But im afraid if I make a new account, that i will lose my access to eqemu.. so bare with me..
Old 07-17-2003, 04:26 AM
midbomber
Fire Beetle

Default lol

I dont see how anyone would be offended by your name, sounds like it was just a joke... Anyway, i realy like Elrach's idea for a server, that would be realy wicked. Yall are right that it's realy boring to just start at 60 with the best armour because whats the challenge in that?
Old 07-18-2003, 08:08 AM
BlissBoi
Sarnak

Default !

Exactly, We needa make a server that does what the ppl want, like if we wanted something new, we just voted,... Be perfect!
Old 07-19-2003, 06:10 AM
Talon0202
Sarnak

Default Something new

You want something new? Wait for krushers new legit server to come out ;p. Its gonna own....www.krusher.org is the website...you can read bout the new server there. And as for xXToilet_DuckXx....Hammer's has some great quest, as well as Raid Addict's, Krushers will when the new legit one is released, and when Dread's server come back up, it will have a lot of quests also (Somewhere around 10-13 i believe.
Old 07-19-2003, 08:02 AM
BlissBoi
Sarnak

Default !

Alright, thats kewl. I just needa get my pc to work, will take like 2 wk's.. lol, keep posting ideas!
Old 07-21-2003, 06:12 AM
Scorpion360
Hill Giant

I would agree with Talon,

wait for the new krusher's server.
I am a Lead GM on the server and let me tell you there are some VERY exciting things coming. Just wait and see
Old 07-21-2003, 02:26 PM
xXToilet_DuckXx
Sarnak

i read about krusher's server. it sounds really cool, but is it PvP? cuz i'm new and i don't know what i'm doing

i've also read about this trading system between combat types and merchants. do i have to participate in this in order to succeed in the game? or can i continue like i was on eqlive? i'm really just looking for a server as close to eqlive as possible... but krusher's idea seems really cool
Old 07-23-2003, 02:12 AM
BlissBoi
Sarnak

Default kk

Alright, Ill play krushers server when it comes up, But id also like to know, is it pvp or not? lol.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:29 AM
BlissBoi
Sarnak

Default Also

These quests your talking about, are they like hammers, where there for each class? Or all/all. ??? confused.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:45 AM
Jeremax
Fire Beetle

Default ...

How about we just shoot you?
Old 07-25-2003, 05:12 AM
BlissBoi
Sarnak

Default !

How bout u stfu and dont post unless u got something worth reading too say moron.