Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-08-2003, 07:42 AM
Sabyre
Sarnak

Default DragonWrath (Semi Uber Legit) Server

I just thought I would take a bit of time and introduce myself.

Although new to EQEmu I am not new to the EQ world. I have been playing EQLive just about since beta. While on EQLive I have "maxed" out several characters over 3 different accounts. I was a guide on Cazic-Thule for a small time. I also created and operated a great guild.

I have had great times on EQLive. I have met incredible people and friendships have flurished thus since. My accounts are active still today and I log in from time to time.

The time has come for me to say goodbye to EQLive. As much as I love it I desperatly need a new project. I didn't realize it until I stumbled upon EQEmu. I have since stepped down as leader of my guild and will sell my EQ accounts.

I'm a pretty "regular" guy I would say. I am 25 married and I have 2 incredible children. I work for BIW a company that builds DDG Destroyers for the US Navy. I spend my off time with my family and on other projects such as this.

Recently I have built a machine (#3 in our bedroom #6 in the house) dedicated to serving EverQuest via EQEmu. As time goes on and things smooth out I hope to meet as many of you all as I can. So far this seems like a great community of people.

I look forward to making the next few years as successful as the years I spent with EQLive.

I invite each one of you to stop by DragonWrath (Semi Uber Legit) Server to say hello, offer support or just to enjoy a great RPG. In the past month of operation we have had 250+ accounts log in.

I was seeking 2 people to help out with support and development, I believe I have 1 picked and still need 1 more. If you are interested let me know via email: sabyre17@hotmail.com.

The overall vision of the server has been set and future seems bright. Hope to see you there.

Thank you for your time.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams" - Willy Wonka
Old 08-08-2003, 09:13 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Thanks for the introduction Sabyre.. Nice to meet you, and look forward to playing on your server!
Old 08-08-2003, 01:15 PM
IARealmhunter
Fire Beetle

I have visited your server too. Very nice job! It is a great server with little to no LD's,(for me anyway). And once there are mobs added to Luclin zones and the PoP zones it will rock! Kudos on a job well done. =)
Old 08-08-2003, 02:17 PM
Zimok
Fire Beetle

I was playing here all night , good job on the server

Everyone come play here :)
Old 08-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Djani
Fire Beetle

I played on it for a couple hours myself, but i could not get over the fact that my ping was in the 2K range the entire time....Your on a high speed line i would think, curious, what is your conection?
Old 08-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Zimok
Fire Beetle

From his webpage

"Connection - Cable (Broadband (SusCom)) 512Mbit Download / 256Mbit Upload
Hub/Router - (Hub) Netgear DS104 Dual Speed 4 Port Hub (Router) Linksys NR041 4 Port Router
Modem - Motorola SB4200 SURFboard Cable Modem"

He says lag will be fixed really soon

and sabyre check your hotmail lol :P
Old 08-09-2003, 06:13 PM

What's your server's ip? I can't seem to connect to the 'official' eqemu 5.0 servers, I'd like to give some individuals' a try.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:38 PM
Sithikus
Fire Beetle

Ya i also whould like to know what he's using to run his server to...When im on all alone smooth sailing but as soon as another logs on in comes the lag.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:54 AM
Trewr
Fire Beetle

It's the damn surfboard modemn! GET A NEW ONE!~~ =D