Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Misc > Archive::Off Topic

Archive::Off Topic Archive area for Off Topic's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 11:56 AM
three_libra
Fire Beetle

I saw this
Quote:
i'm sory i just can't stand it anymore it's IRAQ not IRAK learn how to spell before you start going off on idiotic rants that only make you look like a complete jackass.
Come on now, please look past it. This post actually has substance, and the grammar isn't detracting from it. After reading several points of the debate, i think the guys could leave out all vowels and still prove a point. Just what i think . . .
Old 11-28-2003, 01:29 PM
dolanorn
Fire Beetle

Quote:
he said he's from spain and currently resides there so it's a misspell and not a diff way of spelling.
Sorry I don't get it , you spell Iraq Irak in french , spanish , german it's a spelling mistake in english and ? Is that so important that you need to make a whole post about it and how idiot people are because they spell the same word a different way in their mother tongue ?
Old 11-28-2003, 06:58 PM
Stealth_raptor
Hill Giant

Maybe I worded that in the wrong way, Arkaria, because I don't see how i'm one of the people that is the cause of the 'whole situation/problem'. What I meant, if this wasn't understandable, was that the death of anyone, including the people of Iraq, is unfortunate.

I in no way endorse killings or wars, however much people think it is necessary. I'm sorry if that was a misunderstanding.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:15 PM
Jeldorith
Fire Beetle

I'm puzzled how this turned into a societic confliction from a CD.

Dani: Do us a favor and grab a life buddy! I don't believe many care about your thoughts on America except your homies,if thats what you PUNKS call them. It's people like you that straddle my last nerve, please, just shut it and take it elsewhere. I find it sad that you have nothing else to do but shit your political babble on a way off topic-topic.

P.S.:
Old 11-28-2003, 09:22 PM
Lasiel
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrenz
Quote:
I saw real punk in Berlin , and I wasn't that impress , real punk lives in the street not in their confortable house listening to some punk group on major label and playing EQ and then saying how "out of the system" they are...
Not nessicarily, there are alot of different kinds of punks. Punk has more to do with state of mind and the actions you make more than your living conditions.
'Punk ain't no religious cult. Punk means thinking for yourself.'

or how about...

'What is punk?'

Oh how the somewhat old classics speak volumes eh? Our lil spanish friend sounds more like a wanna be anarchist/fascist than a punk imho.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:10 AM
DaGrahamster
Sarnak

Anarchy and fascism are two seperate things.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:09 AM
mehltd
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeldorith
I'm puzzled how this turned into a societic confliction from a CD.
Happens quote often. Its known abroad as "Thread Hijacking"

By the way, I have heard some of the songs off the new CD, and theyre alright, but I dont think I'm gonna go run and buy it
Old 11-29-2003, 04:59 AM
twist
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasiel

or how about...

'What is punk?'
only thing punk has been since the mid 80s is dead, but its nice to know that there are still people running around with dead kennedy t-shirts and safety pins in thier ears thinking people really care what they call themselves.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:47 AM
DaGrahamster
Sarnak

"Punk" is not Green Day or Dead kennedys (though I like both bands) and it doesnt have to do with how you live. The only true punk is the mid/late 70's rock movement against disco and arena rock. Punk is anti-establishment, anti-corporate. Anyone heard of the Sex Pistols? That's real punk.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:09 AM
Lasiel
Hill Giant

You are joking me right? The Pistols were total sellouts and Malcolm McLaren (sp?) was just some leech that wanted the big bucks for 'assisting' to get them where they got to. Good old Malcolm still has that mindset and pulls the same crap on every band he's ever managed.

Punk originated in the US btw, and was well rooted in the NYC 'scene' long before the Sex Pistols were even a dream.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:43 AM
DaGrahamster
Sarnak

Ya the Sex Pistols did sell out. That doesn't mean that they weren't punk whent hey started. They made Punk mainstream in Britain (and the US). I never claimed to like McLaren. He was just their "manager". Plus you can't even compare the Sex Pistols to EVERY SINGLE modern band as sell-outs. Besides The Clash is a much better band anyway.

Quote:
Punk originated in the US btw, and was well rooted in the NYC 'scene' long before the Sex Pistols were even a dream.
.................BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH

Yes, yes I forgot everything happens in New York first doesn't it? Cuz it is the center of the world isn't it?
Old 11-29-2003, 10:17 AM
Lasiel
Hill Giant

Do a little research and you'll find more than a few 'punk' bands around LONG before the UK was even aware of it (CBGB anyone?). In fact it was The Ramones that turned a whole generation of UK kids into what turned into punk and since they're a NYC band... Considering I've been a 'punk' since the mid 70's (75 to be exact), I might be a little more aware of when the 'oldschool' punk was big and who originated the base ideologies *shrug*

As for the originating topic? Blink are a bunch of wannabes who know as much about 'punk' as all the little Avril Lavigne wannabes. Unfortunately people seem to think punk is all about the uniform you wear and not the ideologies you stand up for. Most new age punks are nothing more than a mindless bunch of moronic sheep.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:37 AM
Stealth_raptor
Hill Giant

CD, Hate America, idiotic President, incorrect spelling, CD, Hate America, Attack on Iraq, Sanctions, UN, Stereotypes, Capitalist power hungry pigs, Punks, Attack on Iraq, UN, Hate America, Lying media, Sanctions, UN, CD, Punks, Violence, Speaking, Sept 11, Concentration camps, Hair carpet, Crematory oven, Nuclear Bomb, Japan, First Iraq War, Vietnam, History, System, Pearl Harbour, Nuclear Bombs, Innocent people, Attacking first, Hospitalisation, Third Degree Burns, Japanese, Leaders, USA, Japan, Punks, Atom Bombs, Pearl Harbour, Stab in back, German Mercenaries, Revolutionary War, Terrorists, American Schools, Aircraft Carriers, Sneak Attack, Punks, incorrect spelling?, Spain, Atom bombs, Lots of innocent people dead, radiation sickness, mutations, burns, First Iraq War, UN, Bush, 0.5.1, 0.5.2, Unforunate, People that start things, Spelling, Who cares, Conflictions, Beliefs, Car bombings, Punks.

Just listing a few topics of each post off the top of my head. This thread hasn't gone too far off topic.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:46 AM
Farrenz
Hill Giant

Quote:
As for the originating topic? Blink are a bunch of wannabes who know as much about 'punk' as all the little Avril Lavigne wannabes. Unfortunately people seem to think punk is all about the uniform you wear and not the ideologies you stand up for. Most new age punks are nothing more than a mindless bunch of moronic sheep.
Amen
Old 11-29-2003, 11:48 AM
nixorcist
Fire Beetle

I listen to industrial. Bands like - Funker Vogt, Hellsau, Suicide Commando, F.A.V, :wumpscut:, Haujobb, Feindflug...and so on.

We're confused for punks sometimes cuz we have mohawks, wear swat pants, some people wear a lot of obscure sounding band shirts, patches... that kinda stuff.

Instead of being mixed in with punks socially tho, even tho the attitude is very much the same - think for yourself, control yer own destiny, your government hates you and so on, we end up being squished in with the weepy mopey goth community, because someone suggested there is some semblance in the 2 styles of music.

Not even close. Download some Joy Division and then find some Hellsau, you tell me if its close. Ugh.

but anyway. you wanna see some scary peeps, look up hard core rivethead pictures online. We're not dirty and in rags like yer stereotypical punk squatter living in some half build house in downtown Detroit, but we inspire fear in joe average walking down queen street in toronto i can tell you :)

in reply to the original post way back -

I hate Blink, i think its trendy studio producer mass processed tripe - but listen to whatever you want to, its your right to choose.
If you like it. The problem starts when you like something cuz someone else tells you that you should. But lets not get preachy here or we're gonna get into Boobs Spears and Cleavage Agularia or whatever their names are, and thats a can of worms no one needs to open.

- Nix
Closed Thread