Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 12-19-2003, 12:09 PM

Default ah ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsmyworld
sdabbs: do you have a quests folder in your emu directory , if so just for kicks , rename it , or remove it and try running it again.

yes that worked perfect...i do apologise.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:31 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

NP sdabbs, there was a problem with quest code a little while back.
Quests are working again , I believe, in the 5.3 versions , be patient , we're getting there
Old 12-19-2003, 01:14 PM
krich
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpcard
Quote:
Only very few are placed very far away from the main teritory which could be easily tracked down like you described
You didnt make that very clear in your first post..

In that case you'd need to tie the parser to the .map files.. Look for mobs within a certain distance and offset them...
Or you could use ShowEq to track down those outliers. There are not that many and can usually be fixed by hand. There is an effort in the database team to clean these guys up.

Regards,

krich
Old 12-19-2003, 02:17 PM
Aggie1
Fire Beetle

Using your 052 DB and it is working wonderfully. I edited the DB on a whim and gave my mage his epic pet with 50,000hps and min max hit of 250 500! :lol:

Only problem is in all zones, all pets are coming up Humans in Plate armor. No pet models. Don't know if this is database or my problem but is only one of two issues i've seen so far. Also, mobs don't seem to move around the zone. that is also probably my fault (not turning something on) so i'm back into the forumns to hunt for an answer.

my .02cents. Fine job!
Old 12-19-2003, 03:53 PM
bud9weiser
Sarnak

Zone movement hasent been implimented in many places yet, that will come after everything else is done
Old 12-19-2003, 06:14 PM
Synch
Sarnak

How can I help?

My qualifications: I can use FQAdmin, know enough SQL not to screw up and drop a table or db by accident (along with owning a few SQL books and having done some cgi in perl and PHP) and like EQ (outside of Sony's Customer Support).

I logged into the irc channel tonight and there was no one else on... or I screwed that up somehow. Sad really. I haven't used IRC in so long I forget how to do so, especially since I didn't use the BitchX client much.

Lemme know what I can help with.
Old 12-20-2003, 05:14 AM
bud9weiser
Sarnak

irc.eqemulator.net
channel #npcmovdb
Sometimes its quiet as were not all up 24/7 but thier is always people thier. If you or anyone wishes to give support or help to our little project please feel free to hang out, you might just learn something =o)