Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-04-2004, 08:18 AM
mattmeck

would be worth it IMO, that way people could get back on there char in a situation when there isnt a GM on, but it would be so much trouble that it wouldnt be abused for easy travel.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:54 AM
BLOOD_kane
Discordant

Quote:

Well excuse me for not being a PVPer.....But I DO know where those other zones are and am so used to some of them that navagating thro them is second nature.
Im not a PVP'er either its just, I thought everyone knew where arena was...sorry
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Old 01-05-2004, 12:45 PM
astonerii
Sarnak

So, are speed hacks frowned upon or bannable on your servers? would speed up the trip from said horrid lake rathe to say freeport.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:59 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

Depends on the person running the server.

if on guildwars we see you hacking (or logs of it) we will ban you.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 01-06-2004, 02:31 PM
DuDeMaN
Sarnak

Maybe have an option of a few different zones (maybe a starting city or two)... FP, Qeynos, and like... akanon. Sure this could be used to get around faster on legit servers though.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:37 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Sure this could be used to get around faster on legit servers though.
Exactly why it shouldnt be done.

If it can be abused it will be, so make it as unapealing as possable so few people will think its worth it to just abuse it.

For people who have a choice wait on a GM or use the command to end up somewhere that takes a wile to run from, I personaly would choose to not wait on a GM and do the run so I could play the char.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:53 AM
FastEther
Fire Beetle

Perhaps make the #stuck command port you to the current zones safe point after a high fixed delay like 5 minutes so it cannot be used to save you from a bad encounter.

maybe also temporarily rooting+silencing the user so they cannot cross a zone line and be ported back in 5 minutes or to the new zones safe point.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:32 AM
mattmeck

that wouldnt be feesable considering most times people will use t they will be using the command from a diferent character then the one stuck.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:42 AM
FastEther
Fire Beetle

Whoops reread the initial problem - had thought it was something else at first, my bad.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:50 AM
BLOOD_kane
Discordant

you know i hate the fact that alot of people were so spoiled on PoP books/EMU #zone that they dont even want to run through the EQ world...hello it's an RPG. The only means of transportation in EQ that should STILL be around are walking,boats, horses, or wizard/druid ports ONLY...I seriously think PoP ruined alot of what an RPG was...
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Old 01-07-2004, 06:32 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I kind of agree... I'll never forget the excitement of my first Qeynos to Freeport run with a level 8 character..

Of course, that run got REALLY annoying not long after that....
Old 01-07-2004, 06:58 AM
zaltabik
Fire Beetle

it wouldnt be that long of a run if you think about it. Lake Rathe to Rathe Mountains to Ferrott where you could use the PoK book if they are working properly. With the map that everyone can use on your eqemu account id say it would be a 5-10min run wich as was stated would be a lot better then the alternative.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:17 AM
mattmeck

there is some servers that are clasic EQ only.....so no PoK books, GW is one sutch server.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:34 AM
letitsleep
Fire Beetle

i do think they shouldnt have added the Pok books into EQ . i mean where the heck did the book come from? not to good of a story line . i actualy used to enjoy trying to get a lvl 1 ogre out of the feerot , through innothule , through sro , down through oasis , into , north ro , over to east commons , right up to west freeport , and through the tunnel into north freeport , just so i could buy some stuff to twink him with . i might sound crazy but i find it fun . o and also having a character about lvl 7 or 8 and running them from qeynos , through the karanas , into highghold , through kithicor *shivers* out through the commanlands and whatnot , into freeport , take the boat to butcher , just to get to gfay because all the wizards and druids were being mean :cry: back then EQ used to be fun ... i miss it .
Old 01-07-2004, 07:39 AM
Muuss
Dragon

I m sure you never played a wizzie or a druid long enough to know how harrassing it becomes when you have to scroll back in your message box to guess who is the next person who asked you a TL or a TP