Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

View Poll Results: GuildWars Wipe?
Agree 91 62.76%
Disagree 54 37.24%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2004, 12:27 AM
Silenteer
Sarnak

Default Disagree

No way, no wipe !!
Old 02-20-2004, 07:02 AM
Erratic_Knight
Fire Beetle

hmm people whining about work and effort when the server hasn't been up long at all. Please you can lvl to 50 in 3 days, you have got to be kidding,

It doesn't take long to lvl to 50, and right now the post 50 action in GW is slow and repetitive. Where does all the PvP action take place, in either NRO or Nektulos.

Do people bother siege each others cities NOPE. You could walk into cities and take them over becasue guilds dont bother placing guards for the most part. If they do place guards they hide them.

Face it, you talking about people quiting if theres a wipe, if anytihng people will quite becaue atm GW is getting repetitive and boring. A wipe will refresh the server, encourage moer new players to join and hopefully rejuvinate the GW comunity which it is sorely in need of.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:04 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

Quote:
repeditive
repetitive*

Yeah, a char wipe will attract new players and give image time to work on some post 50 stuff.

kRPG Profile
Old 02-20-2004, 07:35 AM
onejessman
Sarnak

Default I STRONGLY disagree

nothing would change in whiping the chars just a lot of the people wouldnt come back i know i wouldnt waste the time. derangment would still be just as strong as before it would just set the entire thing up from the start. Id b really pissed if i had to relvl my cleric and get all the resist gear again

Cuewen
50 bitching cleric
Old 02-20-2004, 07:58 AM
zemen_wang
Fire Beetle

Default go for it

I think it will be best that you wipe it all and start a new. I say go foor it!!
Old 02-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Hellfyre
Fire Beetle

Lots of people put alot of time into getting pkp points etc, its not the getting to 50, I think the only people who are for this whip are the lazy/jealous newbs who got no skillz.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Erratic_Knight
Fire Beetle

hmm did u bother reading my post.

Post 50 experiences in GW consist of camping the NRO or Nek spires over and over or going to hate and fear. The whole city guildwar aspect is non existant.

Its all about uber items and not about guild wars. That isn't how it should be.

You can whine all you want about loosing you stick of uberness but when it comes down to it, player skill should determine the outcome of a fight not special items.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:08 AM
hmoob
Fire Beetle

Quote:
You can whine all you want about loosing you stick of uberness but when it comes down to it, player skill should determine the outcome of a fight not special items.
I read your 2 post (multiple times) just so I understood where you are coming from. You call these people who have invested many hours to obtain "uber" items complainers if a whipe happens? I think their concern is very valid.

They have everything to lose while a new person (after wipe) has everything to gain. How is that fair?

Let's turn this around... I bet that if YOU were the Uber toon, you would throw a tatrum (sp) piss and moan if there was a wipe. Tell me I am wrong, please... I dont think so.

You used the term "skill"in your arguement. Fresh start does not automatically display skills at all. Ex: like 2 PkP level 1 toons with newb daggers going at it DOES NOT defines skills. Its a matter of who's HP will go down first due to who got to hit first (and margit stats class - duh).

Which illustrates the "fair" statement: say these 2 level 1 toons fight it out.... toon A is edging out toon B because of quicker intial start, just as toon B is about to die, toon B calls time out and say, "hey wait... let's start over." Toon A: WTH!

My point? Skill is a learned trait. How do you learn? Learned by playing over time. Therefore, people who have invested enough time are skilled. And if they dont learn, they move on. Thanks for reading. English isnt my fortade ... however I (hopefully) communicated my opinion clear.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:47 PM
StarLightKitten
Sarnak

Default Character Wipe

All Characters are being wiped For more info:

http://guildwars.eqemulator.net/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guild Wars GM
Old 02-20-2004, 03:29 PM
dragomir
Fire Beetle

i disagree. :twisted: :twisted:
Old 02-20-2004, 03:57 PM
JohnRev
Hill Giant

Well, off to WR I guess.
Old 02-20-2004, 05:06 PM
johnny2k3
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by image
Now that the majority of exploits/bugs have been fixed... take it from there
Come on guys we all know what the Pro's are but nobody seems to want to admit them because they "worked too hard" for their character. I have 3 lvl 50's on GW server and I wouldnt have a problem with a character wipe.

The people that are saying No because they rarely play and it took them a long time to get where they are are very respectable answers. However people giving this BS about blah blah blah Im the most dedicated person ever blah blah blah I worked so hard to get where I am! So did the rest of us.

I am all about a character wipe.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:38 PM
topdog2004
Fire Beetle

I been playing for a while now and i see no reason to wipe characters. I Think That maybe the players need to get smarter and form better guilds to take derrange. I think that the guards that can bet purchase should be more uber because frankly it is to easy to take over a city. So maybe wipe guilds but thats it and make guards better.

Igim 50 mage
getdown orlaydown 50 shaman
Old 02-20-2004, 07:47 PM
laotus
Fire Beetle

one fun thing is gonna be everyone and there mother camping jboots for there toons as well as other staple items.

i just started 2 months ago and am a casual player
i got my toon to 30
got him jboots
bought him some ok gear
joined a guild
and got booted back to zero

doesnt matter if you were in the top guild or a noob
this comprimise sux
Old 02-21-2004, 02:48 AM
sxranger
Fire Beetle

Doing wipe will = less people on your server, but if it needs to be done do it dont want any exploits going around