Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Sarkamen
Sarnak

hmm are you sure? ok the one I had was bigger i thought bigger was better lol but ok thanks hmm well trying this one didnt help with that anyway....I will try manully adding my account but I am not sure how to do it but I think I might.....be able to figure it out real quick.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:17 PM
nilar
Hill Giant

Yep thats the best DB atm trust me.

As for adding your account manually. Go into 3rd Party Tools forum and download EQAdmin. It is a program used to edit databases and very easy to use. You can add your account from there.

Nilar Nightwolf- SaltyBoogers Non Legit ServerOp
Ascendra Custom Legit ServerOp
GM-Mgmt Jezebells Everquest Server
Senyen of the Abyss [65 Forest Stalker] Dil's World
Old 03-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Sarkamen
Sarnak

well I just got through adding it through my command line but, that prog sounds nice I will go grab it for the future, problem is I dont think it did anything after adding it.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Sarkamen
Sarnak

wee I must 'ave done something with that command line, or It might have been deleting the chars from the old account....doesnt matter to me never got to use em, but nilar I was wondering do you know if eqadmin has a tutorial it looks real nice and all but it doesnt seem to see my eq directory and I must be setting the preferences up wrong. but what i really wanted to ask was how you know jezebell is female lol thanks alot guys
Old 03-10-2004, 05:20 PM
nilar
Hill Giant

Under FQadmin.ini

Code:
[GENERAL]
DBNAME=eq (assuming your databases name is eq)
DBHOST=localhost
DBUSERNAME=Mysqlusername
DBPASSWORD=Mysqlpassword
EQPATH=C:\Everquest (this is your everquest directory)
MAPSPATH=C:\EqEmu\icones
I got the icones folder from Sandy's Loot Editor. They were included. Download it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkamen
but what i really wanted to ask was how you know jezebell is female
Erm I was just assuming that jezebell is a female since it sounds more feminine than masculine, I guess i could be wrong

Old 03-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Sarkamen
Sarnak

yeah I guess the only thing i was missing was icons heh thanks
Old 03-11-2004, 03:37 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkamen
but what i really wanted to ask was how you know jezebell is female
Erm I was just assuming that jezebell is a female since it sounds more feminine than masculine, I guess i could be wrong
I would have thought so too...or maybe it's a character's name from EQ that a guy played or something (hehe)...
Old 03-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Jezebell
Discordant

Hehe, I will tell you the story:

I got a girlfriend and she was mad all the time that I was playing EQ so I let her create a char on my account to play and then she wanted to play more than me, lol. Anyway we broke up and I just kept playing the char as a main and it kinda just stuck lol. Thats pretty much it.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:51 AM
nilar
Hill Giant

hmmmmm

Note to Self: Jezebell IS a he

Old 03-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Sarkamen
Sarnak

hehe I thought you were male,I can tell these things some times
"Doo-dad! Hee Hee Hee"
-Pikel Boulderstone
Old 03-13-2004, 01:30 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
Yep thats the best DB atm trust me.
That is not totally true.. While it IS an awesome DB, there is another that deserves mention. They both have their strengths and weaknesses... The one I am referring to is Myra's DB. I actually use this one mroe than I use the MW, but I DO use them both (just not at the same time) If you want to experiment with other DB's you can just go to the world building forum and find the links to download them.... Below is a short guide to adding another DB without having to delete your old one (read switching db on the fly so you can use both if you like):

Make sure you have both DB's in your \mysql\bin folder.
open dos prompt.
Now you will use basically the same commands you used to create your db in the first place, but notice there is a dfferent name for the new one you create.
If you didnt already do this before using the *.* string, you may want to do this as it will grant access to ALL your db's you create without having to re-enter the grant command... Also <new db> is where you will type the name of the DB you will want to use, without the < and > keys.... :
Code:
cd c:\mysql\bin
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO <username>@localhost IDENTIFIED BY '<password>' WITH GRANT OPTION;
CREATE DATABASE <new db>;
USE <new db>;
source <name of new db to source in ie.. myradb.sql>;
quit
Now you will have two db's created, and when you want to use the new one with your server, just edit your db.ini file and tell it which one you want to use.... eq or the new one you just created .... rinse and repeat as necessary.... Hope this is useful....

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 03-13-2004, 08:12 AM
Sarkamen
Sarnak

thanks, yeah that was the one I had before and I couldnt remeber where the thread was so things for leading me back to it. I will need t re dl it but thanks for the info, and this current db works pretty well. One Db that rocks is the one Dil uses if anyone happens to know what it is, its probably just custom but also how can I move my char between dbs? or will I need to do that? (dont want to take the time to think lol)