Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-14-2004, 06:25 AM
checkerl
Fire Beetle

Default Can't login with char into a world...

I am trying to login and enter to world when I choosed my char, than getting back to server choose.

2 hours before I could play on all servers no clue what happend.

bye

checkerl
Old 04-14-2004, 06:43 AM
Jezebell
Discordant

Did you patch to Live today?

it broke EQEMu
The First Age Website

Running on: Asus A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD Athlon XP 2100+, Geil 1024MB PC3200 Ultra DDR RAM,
WD 40GB 7200rpm ATA-100 HDD, Visiontek 128MB Geforce4 TI 4400, Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 04-14-2004, 08:25 AM
ellder
Fire Beetle

Default same prob.

i am having the same problem, can anyone please tell me how to fix this??
Old 04-14-2004, 08:26 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezebell
Did you patch to Live today?

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 04-14-2004, 08:28 AM
ellder
Fire Beetle

Default live patch

yes, but the link doesnt work on "how to undo the damage"
Old 04-14-2004, 08:31 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

What do you mean undo the damage? If you are referring to what I think you are, that is for using the EQEMu patcher, which is long outdated and isnt used at all.. What is meant when asked if you patched today, is if you patched to EQLive... If you did this then there is NO way to undo what you have done, unless you have a backup directory that you didnt patch (like is suggested in all the guides)...

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 04-14-2004, 08:36 AM
ellder
Fire Beetle

ok... im not sure if i patched live today, but say i did just for argument sake. if i reinstaled eq on my pc would that let me play? as of now i can log into eqemu fine, create a lvl 1 toon, and get the logging char into world page but then it kicks me back to the server page.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:37 AM
checkerl
Fire Beetle

thanks
that will be the problem, I tried a new server and he wanted that I run patcher I tried and than this happend.

*cry*

How long I'll need to fix this? Is this possible?

thanks anyway :P
Old 04-14-2004, 08:41 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
ok... im not sure if i patched live today, but say i did just for argument sake. if i reinstaled eq on my pc would that let me play?
No... See you have to be patched UP TO a certain version of the EQLive... Let's take the EQEMu server version 0.5.3 for instance... If you wanted to be able to play on any of those servers, you would have to be patched (the game client) from the dates of Jan 24, 2004 up to, but NOT including, Feb 10th, 2004.... For version 0.5.5 you would need to be patched from Feb 10th up to, but NOT including today, in order to play on those servers...

Simply reinstalling EQ doesnt give you ANY patches at all, therefore you would not be able to play on ANY version of EQEMu...

This is the purpose behind the "Make a backup directory of EQ, so that if you patch and it breaks EQEMu, you will still have that one to fall back on" statement (which is NOT word for word, but you get the idea)....

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 04-14-2004, 08:43 AM
ellder
Fire Beetle

ok i understand. i think this will be my last question: does this meen that i will be able to play tomorrow? and if not then about how long?
Old 04-14-2004, 08:49 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

When the devs get it fixed, you'll be able to play.. That is the best I can do, because they work on it in their spare time... It is usually very quick, but sometimes it is NOT so quick. It just depends on the complexity of the changes in the code that break the emu in the first place...

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 04-14-2004, 08:53 AM
ellder
Fire Beetle

ok thank you i will just keep trying to log in, till then guess the ol' exp grinding of regular eq continues (and the headaches, deaths returning to ho.....................) lol
Old 04-14-2004, 08:58 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

While it is still fresh in your mind, you should back up your current directory of EQ. That way when they fix it, and the next patch comes along, and it breaks it, you will be able to play even if you patched...

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 04-14-2004, 02:03 PM
camelot30
Fire Beetle

Default It worked for mine

Hey all if having a problem with going LD as soon as you get in world try making all ip addresses in bootzones.bat to your internal ip address ex. 192.168.x.xxx 7996 192.168.x.xxx it worked for me i use eqemu login servers not minilogin. i also am on a linksys router. hope it helps
Old 04-15-2004, 05:02 AM
VooodooKiller28
Sarnak

lol i can patch and still play
lol
I patched everyday this week lol
O and im not trying to rub it into ur face or anything
i just find this funny :lol: