Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-05-2004, 01:37 AM
Terrorcheeta
Fire Beetle

Default Eqemu down when Live EQ down?

Hi, just curious, is Eqemu down when normal EQ is down also? as in when EQ is patching, (as it is right now), can't i play Eqemu then either?...

Greetz, TC
Old 05-05-2004, 02:08 AM
animepimp
Dragon

Nope, the Emu is up all the time, but individual servers go down sometimes because they have to update their code too. But thi never coincides with EQ patches, usually a few days later to fix the code after the patch breaks it. So you can play now on here, but don't patch to live once they are back up because it almost always makes it so you can't play here until the code gets fixed again.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:32 AM
Terrorcheeta
Fire Beetle

Sigh, I had to patch the eqemu eq for GoD expansion download, and then i couldn't log in while regular eq was down, and now when i try to log in to eqemu, i get invalid password/station name message...think i really messed up /cry

Greetz, TC
Old 05-05-2004, 02:43 AM
animepimp
Dragon

Every time you patch you have to fix your eqhost.txt cause the patcher sets it to what is needed for EQ cause thats what they want you to play.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:50 AM
Terrorcheeta
Fire Beetle

yea found that thank you for your help o)

Greetz, TC
Old 05-05-2004, 03:00 AM
Terrorcheeta
Fire Beetle

I swear to god i am not meant to play eqemu...I feel so f*cking stupid running into all these problems.
Now everything is fixed, i can finally get to charakter selection, then I choose char, and it kicks me back to server selection...it's like every time I find / get solution to a problem, I get another back for it also...
I read through the posts of peeps that had the same trouble, but they eventually all started talking about running world.exe and whatnot, and I am not running any server or something...
Any suggestions? =/

Greetz, TC
Old 05-05-2004, 03:04 AM
animepimp
Dragon

Play on only 5.7 DR2 servers they are the only ones compatible with the latest EQ patch.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:08 AM
Terrorcheeta
Fire Beetle

I play on eqemu live server (semi-legit), i have a 70 war there and i don't feel like starting all over...besides it was working perfectly earlier today...why isn't it now?
what can i do to get back to my server and char plz?

Greetz, TC
Old 05-05-2004, 03:16 AM
Terrorcheeta
Fire Beetle

ps, that liveserver i play on (eqemu Live server (semi-legit), is 0.5.7 - DR 2...
And still get that boot back to server when trying to enter world, same on the scorpius2k server, and the Wired Reality server...
Any suggestions again? =/

Thanks for all other help sofar Anime

Greetz, TC
Old 05-05-2004, 03:22 AM
animepimp
Dragon

You said that the EQ servers were down for patching earlier today, then this latest patch probably broke the Emu yet again. Or it could just be that you are lagging when trying to zone in, if you LD while logging in it does exactly what you describe. It could be eitehr, I guess just try again in a little while to see if it works later when you may not be as laggy and once someone else gets a chance to test the patch we'll know for sure.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:24 AM
Terrorcheeta
Fire Beetle

as i said, i keep messing up :(
Thanks alot for helping and explaining things, atleast it gives me an answer that i can understand the problem...

Greetz, TC
Old 05-05-2004, 04:50 PM
tiraid
Fire Beetle

Ok, I updated today because I was told to when I tried to connect to WintersRoar. I think the only reason I was told that is because I had a newer version of the eq client than WintersRoar can handle and it assumed I had an older one. So now I can't connect to any.
Two questions:
1 - How do you tell the version of your eq client?
2 - What is the usual wait time for eq emu to be ready for the patch?
3 - Why am I asking a third question when I said there would only be two?
Old 05-06-2004, 05:48 AM
gthang187
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiraid
Two questions:
1 - How do you tell the version of your eq client?
2 - What is the usual wait time for eq emu to be ready for the patch?
3 - Why am I asking a third question when I said there would only be two?
1st question. The only way to tell is to remember the date that you last patched last time i patched was 4\27
2nd question. There is no way of knowing
3rd question. You haveta ask yourself that question. If i could answear that question i would probly be geting paid to do it HAHA.