Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-21-2004, 07:09 PM
Charmy
Discordant

Default The Phizzlewops Have Arrived! (Only on EQA!)

They have arrived! Get ready for one of the biggest quests ever to hit the EverQuest game!

Let me introduce you to the Phizzlewop Brothers, they are a collection of clones that were created from the first two Phizzlewop brothers, Zerib Phizzlewop, and Yerik Phizzlewop.

It all began after the Gnomes lost their domain to the Soulsek-worshiping Dark Elves, and were taken into slavery. Among those gnomes were two very intelligent, very speicial gnomes. They where Xetib and Dinity Phizzlwop, the mother and father of the Phizzlewop brothers. Before their capture, the two gnomes were researching the ability to duplicate the very matter of space and time. In essence they were attempting to create copies of some of the most powerful gnomish creations; for to create these items from scratch took years and years, thus they wanted to create a way to be able to create copies within seconds.

Their research, however, was interrupted when the Dark Elvish mercenaries came into their city of Kilk'anon and enslaved them all. While they were slaves in Neriak, the two gnomes refused to continue their research under the eyes of the evil dark elves, and so for 6 years their research went un-touched and it was not until the day of their freedom would they ever speak of it again.

During the Six years the gnomes were slaves to the dark elves, the High Elfs had established a grand army, with the soul duty to one day free the gnomes, and help to rebuild the alliance of power they once had together. It was the Night of the White Moons that the High Elves struck, they poured forces into Neriak while the citizens were asleep, slaying every dark elf they found in their path. It was a grand battle, and many of both parties lost their lives, however in the end the high elves were victorious in their efforts. Although only 25 of the 400 warriors returned to Felwithe, they were able to free all of the gnomish slaves, including the two Phizzlewops.

Once the gnomes had established themselves in Felwithe, the Phizzlewops began their research once again. The two of them traveled the world looking for anything that might aid their reasearch, but at one point in their journey Dinity became with child, and had to return to Felwithe. And although their journey was cut short, they both believed they could finish the research with what information they already had.... however they never expected it to happen quite the way it did.

Although Dinity was with child, she still continued her research, but during one fateful day, she had a breakthrough. While testing a form of her spell, she was caught off guard by the kicking of her child, and accidently miscast her spell upon herself! There was a great collision of elements, and an explosion to match, but when the smoke cleared, there was no longer just Dinity Phizzlwop standing at the research tables, there were now two!

Although she was unable to really explain what had happened, she had proved it was possible! However the true suprise would not come until it was time for her to give birth, for the spell not only cloned herself, but it cloned her unborn child as well! So began the life of Zerib and Yerik Phizzlewop.

As they grew Zerib and Yerik, with the combine teaching of their father and now, two mothers, they became the most talanted and intelligent mages that any of the Gnomes, High elves, or Erudites had ever seen! However it was not until later did they think of up their grand plan, their plan to build a new home for the gnomes!

The two brothers used what research their mother and father had done, and along with some of their own, were able to clone themselves, not once or twice, but a thousand times!, there were now 1000 Phizzlewop clones in Felwithe! However there was a problem, although they were successful in creating copies of themselves, they were still unable to copy the very large, and very intricate gnomish machines, for they could not prove why they could do exactly what they did! So they set out to finish the research that their mother and father could not alone do, and now all over Norrath you will find a Phizzlewop brother looking for information to complete their research.

Here is where YOU come in.

The Phizzlewops need YOUR help! Their research must be finished so they can build themselves a new home, and its up to you. Each brother you find in the world will ask you to help him complete a different task, but you must first be marked by the Phizzlewop brotherhood, to do this you must seek out Jerry Phizzlewop, for he alone is charged with finding the smartest and most intelligent citizens of Norrath to aid them in their research, once you join them you will be able to help any brother you find in his task.

~While Doing this grand quest you must help them find a new location for their town.
~You must help them find some of the ancient tomes of the past Arcane Mages
~You will be helping them collect pieces to build their grand creations for their new city.
~And of course your duties will not go unrewarded, helping the brothers build a new home for the gnomes will enable you to gain vast knowledge and experience, and not to mention a few nice "gnomish prizes."

Good luck on your quest, and I hope you enjoy it!

EQA Forums
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 05-21-2004, 07:15 PM
gandar
Sarnak

LOL

Sounds fun...

Who's Dinity, anyway? She kinda appeared, pregnant and all, outta nowhere...

Old 05-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Charmy
Discordant

Read the first few paragraphs, she is one of the two original gnomes doing the research on the item duplication.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Swampdog
Hill Giant

Lol... Thats what I get for deciding to check the EQemu forums one more time before going to bed. Told KhaN in a post on the EQA boards I was heading that way 30 minutes ago.. LOL

Sounds like an awesome quest Charmy! Sounds like you guys are really putting some fun stuff together over there at EQA. Keep up the awesome work!
Old 05-22-2004, 01:37 AM
MrJag
Hill Giant

Dark Elves RISE UP!!! you MUST KILL all the Phizzlewops!!!!

lol

Former Server Op
Iron Tower Server
Old 05-22-2004, 04:34 AM
Swampdog
Hill Giant

heheh... According to their ruleset, doing that could land you in a jail-type ban for a while.. :P
Old 05-22-2004, 05:12 AM
MrJag
Hill Giant

yeah i read that i was JK ... but is ther a good vs evil here? do some deitys hate others? would the dark elves or trolls want to stop the gnomes from building a city , ect ? another question is about the jail/ ban ... can a ally like maybe rogue(lock pick) form a group together and try to break the person out of the jail b4 the timer is up, at risk of being captured and jailed for a day or even killed trying?

Former Server Op
Iron Tower Server
Old 05-22-2004, 05:46 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Quote:
According to their ruleset, doing that could land you in a jail-type ban for a while..
Actually, we dont send in jail players that kill NPC, we send in jail (Astral Prison), players that kill VINPC (Read Very Important NPC), like bankers, guildmasters, ... i like to roleplay, but its not a reason to screw other players.

Quote:
yeah i read that i was JK ... but is ther a good vs evil here?
Planned, but wont be before a lots of month, priority atm is to setup class/race/reity and balance the whole thing.

Quote:
would the dark elves or trolls want to stop the gnomes from building a city , ect ?
Yes, we will introduce a sort of "realm war" (Not in top list atm), you will be able to quest based on your race, get spells, items, ... related to it, Cities will be High End raid zones.

Quote:
another question is about the jail/ ban ... can a ally like maybe rogue(lock pick) form a group together and try to break the person out of the jail b4 the timer is up, at risk of being captured and jailed for a day or even killed trying?
The idea is nice ... but if someone is in prision ... he should stay in, but its need to be discussed.

Old 05-22-2004, 06:19 AM
Charmy
Discordant

Quote:
Dark Elves RISE UP!!! you MUST KILL all the Phizzlewops!!!!
Right now we aren't sure if the phizzlewops are going to be marked VIPNPC or if we will simply make them have shorter respawn times. The point of the VIPNPC was to be able and keep people from killing quest mobs that are on set timers, i.e. you talk to one mob in Zone A and it pops another mob in Zone B, you then have 10 mins to get to Zone B and hail mob B.. however if someone doesn't want you to complete the quest, they can kill mob B and well .. =(. thats what the goal is here to avoid. Now this doesn't mean its actually going to happen, i know very from eqlive, that part of the roleplay is to stop the other "'team" fromk advancing far enough to over power you and what not, but.. well we aren't sure yet.

Quote:
would the dark elves or trolls want to stop the gnomes from building a city , ect ?

Well this can done, a big part of the phizzlewop quest is helping locate a new home for them, this will consist of course, of killing several mobs, and bringing back proof that you "cleared" the way for the gnomes. Should you be in such a postition where perhaps... you have killed to many people on the phizzlewop faction, or perhaps you just don't want to help them, there will be an alternate quest for the "evil" side as it were, an example ofcourse being that there might be a phizzlewop walking around a zone who is trying to find a new place for their town, and you kill him. he will drop his head, you take that to the "evil" quest mob, and get something in return, becuase now there is one less phizzlewop to do the research.

None of this is set in stone, quests can be altered, but any ideas you have you should post them on our boards, or respond to this thread.
Old 05-22-2004, 06:53 AM
gandar
Sarnak

Well, now, I feel silly... You're right, of course, Dinity was mentioned in the first 2 paragraphs...

That's what I get for reading fast when I'm too tired...

<sigh> I apologize. :(

/em buries his head in the sand in shame...
Old 05-22-2004, 08:10 AM
Yasukai
Fire Beetle

Default Re: The Phizzlewops Have Arrived! (Only on EQA!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmy
Good luck on your quest, and I hope you enjoy it!
Let's see, how does that go again...

Want me to be honest? the idea sucks, whoever was making it sucks at it, this post just wasted 3 mins of my life, and don't tell me, "well i don't see your quest Yasukai", well no shit i wouldn't waste my time making one so damn stupid. Bravo, you have gotten better at making stupid quests (-252).

Why I Hate Charmy

Old 05-22-2004, 04:15 PM
Charmy
Discordant

Well you see the difference is, i spent my time doing somthing worthwhile, this will be a challenge for people to play, not a challenge to understand why the hell i did it.

i made the quest for other people to enjoy, not to sit back and relish the fact that i can indeed solo a mob who has no stats, low HP and i have amazing gear and amazing stats, plus i can even #heal myself at any time, incase my uberness still falls to the gimp mob. (you will notice in his amazing movie he has no text showing) i am sooooo great. everyone please worship my greatness, for i am the one.

And if you truly think that the quest is s waste of your time then don't do it, i know i won't watch any of your movies again, so we are even no? Thanks for increasing the post count on the topic though.

BTW if you are lost on what we are talkign about, he made a video of him solo killing vox with ele/time gear. just FYI if you didn't know why i said it was a waste of my time. (vox has a lvl 52 char cap, ele/time gear is req 65, i think you understand yes?)
Old 05-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Yasukai
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmy
(you will notice in his amazing movie he has no text showing) i am sooooo great. everyone please worship my greatness, for i am the one.
Are you kidding? Do you really think I expected anyone to believe it was a legit server? Maybe you need to refine your sense of irony a bit... it was a joke - made in 5 mins for a few laughs. You are a dimwit.

The text is not missing, it is turned off... the bottom is cut off because I had the resolution set wrong on the capture software... instead of throwing it away I thought i would make something silly. It's not my fault you have not sense of humor...

Duh

:lol: