Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Vinamuss
Fire Beetle

Default 2 dumb errors

-ok ive posted about this one before , but never got any answers . i made a server Anarial [custom legit] which is a 0.5.7-dr3 server. for some reason i can't join on any of my computers it tells me i need to rerun patch, and i know this can't be because i play on lots of other 0.5.6 DR3 servers, so if anybody has any ideas please let me know!!

-the other problem i was having my RL friend is also having with one of his computers, they will load all the way to char selection but right before it shows the characters its client crashes.. im completely lost here. I did reformate this computer, and downloaded new patch. BUT i also took old files eqgame.exe and eqmain.dll off my old computer (which works perfectly) and put it on this computer. This should have worked considering it worked for a friend of mine, so if anybody has ANY ideas please help me out.

-and just incase somebody wants to get smart i have searched and still am searching for anything on it !
Old 06-02-2004, 03:21 PM
Spike
Discordant

Well... if you took the old files off. It just wont require just those, you need some other ones also, like......

spells_en.txt or spells_us.txt....

eqgfx_dx8.dll

eqstr_en.txt

window_pieces04.tga

(folder) Everquest > uifiles > default > EQUI, EQUI_Animations, EQUI_BugReportWnd, EQUI_LootWnd, EQUI_SelectorWnd.

These files were in the 4.4 fix... so maybe those files are required for the dr3 to dr4 fix....
Old 06-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Vinamuss
Fire Beetle

well int hat case if i were to get dr4 and just update patch would i be able to get on then?..
if so how/where can i get dr4?