Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-09-2004, 03:33 AM
330pilot
Fire Beetle

Default How are other admins dealing with faction issues?

I was wondering how other admins are dealing with the faction issue. Have you guys manually gone in and modified the faction. I'm kinda annoyed at this point that someone can walk into Plane of Time and everything cons amiable...
Old 06-09-2004, 07:03 AM
rulyeni
Fire Beetle

Those bastards! Not giving up all their free time just to fix something for you! :lol:

Actually, if it's such an issue for you that the faction isn't working properly, you can just as easily fix it yourself. Then, you could see if people are willing to implement the changes made. Of course, that would involve work on YOUR part.... :twisted:
Old 06-09-2004, 07:32 AM
rizzen04
Hill Giant

Quote:
Actually, if it's such an issue for you that the faction isn't working properly, you can just as easily fix it yourself. Then, you could see if people are willing to implement the changes made. Of course, that would involve work on YOUR part....
read before you flame..he was asking if thats what other admins did is go in and manually change it...who knows maybe someone had put out a faction sql file. He wasnt yelling at someone to fix it he was asking a question.
If it doesn
Old 06-09-2004, 07:43 AM
330pilot
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzen04
Quote:
Actually, if it's such an issue for you that the faction isn't working properly, you can just as easily fix it yourself. Then, you could see if people are willing to implement the changes made. Of course, that would involve work on YOUR part....
read before you flame..he was asking if thats what other admins did is go in and manually change it...who knows maybe someone had put out a faction sql file. He wasnt yelling at someone to fix it he was asking a question.
Precisely. Was waiting to see if there are any sql's out there, otherwise, I will start working on one myself with my other admins.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:08 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

This is the wrong forum first of all since this would be a bug report, secondly, faction is in the database and has nothing to do with the EQEMu code. Your database decides whether they are amiable or scowls using the faction tables. Thirdly, don't double post 330pilot, you asked this question in two posts.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:24 AM
330pilot
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by image
This is the wrong forum first of all since this would be a bug report, secondly, faction is in the database and has nothing to do with the EQEMu code. Your database decides whether they are amiable or scowls using the faction tables. Thirdly, don't double post 330pilot, you asked this question in two posts.
1. If its the wrong forum, why dont you just move it instead of waisting both of our times.

2. No shit, its in the DB... you're like a genius

3. If you read ths posts carefully you'll note that they are asking different questions.

Dealing with devs on this fourm is like dealing with monkeys...
Old 06-09-2004, 09:30 AM
dragonflz
Sarnak

Oh boy, If I was a betting man, I would guess you don't play well with others. dissing a Dev like that is a great way to ban yourself from these forums.

Drag
-------------------------------
And there I was, Gone!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:38 AM
330pilot
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflz
Oh boy, If I was a betting man, I would guess you don't play well with others. dissing a Dev like that is a great way to ban yourself from these forums.

Drag
i play just fine with others, cept when they get cocky for no reason.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:49 AM
wize_one
Dragon

well when people have to deal with dipshits that dont read the rules let alone cant make the right decision as to what forum to post under..
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:49 AM
rulyeni
Fire Beetle

Just to cover my ass a lil bit.. and I feel kinda bad..

I sincerely apologize for the crap message I left up top. I misread the original post, and for that reason I'm apologizing. So, sorry.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:03 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

330pilot you're gone, your attitude isn't welcome.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Fajo
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by image
1. If its the wrong forum, why dont you just move it instead of waisting both of our times.

2. No shit, its in the DB... you're like a genius

3. If you read ths posts carefully you'll note that they are asking different questions.

Dealing with devs on this fourm is like dealing with monkeys...

LOL all I can say is DUMBASS :twisted:
Old 06-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Swampdog
Hill Giant

Would have actually thought something like that should have been under world building since he was asking how people were dealing with it. Technically faction in PoTime isn't a bug as much as it is the faction database work not being completed yet. But to lash out at the devs for something that isn't a coding thing after posting in the wrong place was just a little uncalled for. /walks away shaking his head wishing people would pay more attention to the forums they post in and check their beat-on-the-devs attitudes at the door. :P
Damn rl interupting fun anyways.. :P
Old 06-09-2004, 01:21 PM
talon2679
Fire Beetle

well, as I see it, he is posting about EQEmu, pondering a general question, not entirely being about coding, just wondering how other people were doing things, and then gets bitched at for doing so. I guess people get mad for other people asking questions because they don't know how to search, heres the thing that I have learned, alot of people are willing to take the easy way out, so why bitch at them non stop, wouldn't do it anywhere else, and if you would, your just as bad as the people that would take the easy way out, because you are
Old 06-10-2004, 04:24 AM
Dave987
Discordant

Quote:
330pilot
Banned for sheer stupidity
Pwned!

On the other hand ... he was just asking a question, not moaning and complaining. Sure, he double posted, many noobs do, but do they get banned?

Still , I'm not complaining - Don't wanna get involved with a whole "someone get banned so lets all start rebelling againt the mods so they unban him even though he can make a new account and only joined on the 27th may anyway hahahahhahahaha!!oneone!!!!1!!" kind of issue.