Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-14-2004, 10:20 AM
krygor69
Fire Beetle

Default Video card Problem

alright whenever i click the options button at the starting screen of eq, it brings up a window asking me to select my video card, and it only displays an Nvidia Geforce4 Ti 4200, however I've never used a geforce card in this computer, and the card i currently have installed is an ati radeon 9600xt with the latest omega corner drivers. Any ideas as to how i can rectify the situation?
Old 06-14-2004, 11:51 AM
ryder911
Hill Giant

Try choosing the nvdia video card and see if that works, and are you sure the EQ is compatible with ATI?
Old 06-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Swampdog
Hill Giant

I think eq detects the video that is in your machine (has always worked that way for me with any machine I've installed on anyways..).. Are you sure the omega drivers aren't causing the ati to emulate a nvidia adapter? Not sure how you could force it. That is a client problem and would be something you'd probably wanna check the eqlive support boards for. Just don't mention that you are setting up to connect to a eqemu server.

If you play eqlive, it should do the same thing unless you set your video prior to installing the omega drivers. Are the omega drivers from ATI or a third party?
Damn rl interupting fun anyways.. :P
Old 06-14-2004, 02:17 PM
cloud2276
Fire Beetle

I've seen this happen, what you first need to do is d/l the newest catalyst drivers from ATI, I would also d/l a earlier version just in case EQ doesn't like the new drivers. Anyways, after your done with that, you need to restart your computer in safe mode (F7 when you pass post) and choose safe mode. When the gui is completely booted up, right click My computer and click properties, go into system devices and select display adapters. Remove them all. Next, restart your computer again in normal mode, when windows tries to install your video drivers, hit cancel. Locate the driver you downloaded from ATI and install that, and reboot. It's been reported that EQ really don't like ATI cards too well, you may want to edit in your eqclient.ini HardwareTnL=false which should help if you have graphics problems. And, if all else fails, just read EQlive tech support site, and try any other suggestions that people have said about using that kind of video card. I hope this helps =)