Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-04-2004, 01:41 AM
Farahl24
Fire Beetle

Default Claws of Veeshan is down for bit..

Greetings to all-

This is Kane, the serverOP from Claws of Veeshan. Last night my server suffered a massive hardware failure and is unable to be resurrected. Needless to say I'm at wits end, as all my hard work that went into the server, as well as tons and tons of personal data, are all gone. I will attempt to have CoV back up sometime this week if possible, but it will not be like it was prior to the server being in a working state, as I have to use another machine. This does not mean that it won't be back the way it was eventually, I will be reworking everything in due time. I apologize to all the players on my server, there were quite a few level 65's (they lvl'd up) and others who were on all the time. When the server comes back up I will attempt the restore to the best of my knowledge your levels back to you. Thank you for your patience while I work this out.

Sir Kane the Destroyer
ServerOP, Claws of Veeshan
Old 07-04-2004, 02:16 AM
Drachenfutter
Fire Beetle

thanx for the info .. I was looking all day long for your server to come back on.

I did enjoy playing on it very much !

All the best in getting the new one back up ! I sure will be back then, too !
Old 07-04-2004, 03:11 AM
sate
Fire Beetle

To bad!! I really enjoyed your server Kane, lvld up a 65 war yesterday and had a blast! Hope your server gets online soon and back to the way it was..
Old 07-04-2004, 04:30 AM
dragonflz
Sarnak

sorry to hear about your hardware failure...

for future reference, you should backup your database and other important files, then a failure would not set you back as far... Being a network administrator for a large corporation, i have been used to doing backups for some time. You could back-up to tape, or a CDRW disk... Again, not trying to say it sucks to be you, just trying to help you in the future, if this should happen again.

Drag
-------------------------------
And there I was, Gone!
Old 07-04-2004, 08:13 AM
BurningDead
Fire Beetle

i too miss your server had a good time while there pls hurry
Old 07-04-2004, 11:10 AM
saitan
Fire Beetle

your server was great, looking forward to it getting back up on its feet. hope you will be able to recover some of your private data!
GL

Julia Kakadruvlia 65 Monk