Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-06-2004, 07:32 AM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

Default Web-based zone and spawn / pathing viewer

http://peqserver.com/zoneChoices.php

This tool I put together allows people to view the server's zone via the web. You can also see different level ranges of spawns, or view the path a mob takes through the zone. It pulls the spawn data directly from the eqemu database so it is as "live" as it gets. A few of the spawn points are slightly off, due to collector and/or php rounding differences...but you get the idea.

Not sure there is a whole lot of utility in this tool, but it was fun to make and play with The map also scales (along with the spawn points, geometry, etc) for better viewing.

If there is interest in this, I can put together a file and release it to the public. Check it out, and let me know what you think.

And yes, the GUI sucks ass. I develop systems, not GUIs...I leave that to the gfx artists

Developer of the original (circa 2004):
Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Magelo-like clone v0.3, bitch!
Zone geometry and spawn/path viewer, bitch!
Old 08-06-2004, 07:56 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

hmm i don't see any pathing lines at all. ><

also only zones that have pathing show any mobs in them. I'm assuming this was intentional though. )
Old 08-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Pretty cool. A minor change I would suggest is making pathing a different color line.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:45 PM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

Its an either-or type deal for CPU sake. Just getting the grid for a goblin whelp in BB takes 20+ seconds, so doing every pathing grid on a display would take minutes / tens of minutes. If you do not pull down a mob, it shows where the mobs spawn. If you choose a mob, it will show where all mobs of that type path.

Make sense? Kinda confusing, I know :/

Quote:
also only zones that have pathing show any mobs in them
Which one? I dont think this is possible, since when viewing the map w/o a npc_type pathing choice, it pulls the data from spawn2. Only when choosing a mob does it look at the grid / grid_entries tables.

Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Old 08-06-2004, 04:50 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

try looking at hate fear or CT nada.

and i know.. if i pull down a mob.. i still cant see any pathing lines...

got any specific zones or mobs i can select to see pathing lines. couldnt get any to show up.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:03 PM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

mysql> select * from spawnentry where npcid >= 76000 and npcid < 77000;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

It doesnt use the proper npcIDs that eqbuilder is assigning...makes sense since those zones had to be pulled from old data.

A good example of a pathing mob on my DB is d`lere in freportw, but he doesnt path on peq :( Try Altunic in ecommons, a_goblin_whelp in BB, orcs in freportw, or willowisp in eastkarana for some examples.

Ah beautiful, orc legos in crushbone show a very nice spawn path. Same with oracle.

Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Old 08-06-2004, 05:15 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Ah nice indeed. i see now it now )

ya. that makes sense. those zones were pulled from old data and TCS assigned them strange ID's thats why they dont show up.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:54 AM
gottasummer
Discordant

yeah i would like that program.. could use minor fixes though.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:21 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

minor fixes such as?
Old 08-11-2004, 05:32 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Govtcheeze, the link to the PHP spawn/zone viewer link to this thread and i dont see a way to d/l it.

Like your magelo system we would use your PHP spawn/zone viewer for EQA. I like the concept of MMO that offer a lot of "tools/utilities" to players for when they cant be online on server.

Thanks.