Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-11-2004, 12:29 PM
MCHENRY1962
Fire Beetle

Default ERROR- A TIMEOUT OCCURED

I am a first time user. I followed all instructions and get this message. Any suggestions? :cry:
Old 08-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Ziggy2k5
Fire Beetle

Default same

i 2 amd getting the same responce

any advise?
Old 08-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Charmy
Discordant

Yea read the fucking boards, thats why they are there.

Your problem is very simple, you patched without backing up. now you can't play on the eqemu until they fix the changes that were made to the eqlive client. When you ask? well i dunno why don't you grab a copy of the server code and fix it, then you will know when. If you scroll down a few.. i dunno lines, you will see more than 1 post about this EXACT same thing.

I hope i have advised you.

And have a good day.
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 08-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Default Re: ERROR- A TIMEOUT OCCURED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHENRY1962
I followed all instructions
Err... let me stop you there. In almost every board there is a post about this, in some a STICKY and on the front page of eqemulator.net.

You didn't read all the instructions.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Xentec
Fire Beetle

I thought the angry 12 year old attacks were worn out? But i see they are still in stlye with some....
Old 08-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Venom
Sarnak

heh cool doods on the boards that has nothing better to do but repeat the following..

HEY DO A SEARCH..

i wonder if they have that macroed?
Old 08-16-2004, 05:30 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

People get annoyed after the first 50 people ask the same question, without reading the stickies or 100 other posts about the same subject. go figure.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Venom
Sarnak

get annoyed? you must get annoyed easily..

have you considered anger management?

hehe
Old 08-16-2004, 06:01 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
get annoyed? you must get annoyed easily..

have you considered anger management?

hehe
You obviously haven't been here long.
Every time theres a patch theres always a group of people that post that they cant backpatch using Scorpious or the like because they didn't read the rules (where it says to create a 2nd directory for EQEMu).

Or a group of people that say they get the same error message thats already been posted in support forums, news forums, general forums everywhere but they do not bother to look and start a new thread.

And even if they did and they still couldn't play, it says everywhere on the boards that its broken.

If he has anger management problems, almost everyone on the boards must have them too.

I have no idea how aminepimp and others stand to reply to most all of them with the answers the shouldve found elsewhere.

Honestly, your posts are starting to bug me, Venom.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Venom
Sarnak

well im sorry they are bugging you.. but the a great fix is not to read them or respond to them.. easy fix.. heck and i didnt even have to compile that..

:>
Old 08-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Angelishes
Fire Beetle

Default :-/

i just did a search and alls i can find is theys noob posts with people yelling to read the other posts and no answer why dont mods delete theys post?
Old 08-19-2004, 01:45 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

i agree. they should delete any post like this and ban the person who started it =\ stickies are there for a reason
Old 08-19-2004, 03:39 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Deleting the thread does no good.

I'll lock them, though.