Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-21-2004, 03:02 AM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

Default Cofruben's Patcher(Client-Server) 1.0

Hello,first of all,I am NOT responsable of anything that could matter for using this program(server and client).If you download it and you have problems with that,don't pm me telling that i sux or something.If you get sued by not using the license,it is not my problem.Ok let's get into the program...

This program,have been made for eqemu servers that needs a patcher.It is written in c++.There are two parts:Client and Server.
Download server in order to set your patcher server,you will need to edit Files.txt file,so the server will know what files to patch.And also edit settings.txt to set port.
A typical files.txt file would be:
Files.txt:
Code:
eqhost.txt
eqgame.exe
eqmain.dll
etc etc
Once set,clients will connect your server and ask for those files,if any of those files are different,client program will download them.
Don't forget to set the port of the server in settings.txt.
Remember that,the server exe,must be in the same folder as the files to load.

To set client,just go to settings.txt,in first line you will need to set the server ip,in the second,the server name(leave blank if you want,but keep the line),and in the third the port.
It is really important that the client port and server port be the same.
A typical (client) settings.txt file would be:
Code:
cofruben.no-ip.org(or xx.xx.xxx.xx,can be DNS or ip)
Cofruben
The client exe must be in EverQuest directory.

You can download client and server from:http://usuarios.lycos.es/cscary
If you have any question or problem,reply this topic please .
I hope it helps.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:29 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Hey Confruben, looks pretty neat, I was wondering though is this going to be open source at all?
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:32 AM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

humm...i'm not sure,I don't want people to laugh at my code :lol: .
Old 08-21-2004, 04:02 AM
Jett
Fire Beetle

It seems cool, but im not quite sure how it works, you set who to connect to, say the ServerOP of xxserver, any files they have set to patch, you then start to download those files?
Old 08-21-2004, 04:06 AM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

yes Jett,you set the files to patch in the server machine(files.txt),then checks if the client's file is different,if so it patches,if not all good
Old 08-21-2004, 04:24 AM
Jett
Fire Beetle

so if you had a lot of time on your hands, you could list every file in your eq directory if you REALLY wanted to? lol
Old 08-21-2004, 04:32 AM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

this version is limited up to 15 files .If needed,I will change it in the next release.I think your comp will run out of memory if you try to set all files to check.That would send a lot of information.
So I suggest,don't put more than 10 files.

Btw,if anyone wanna look how it works,just download the client side,and run it(it is configured to my server),you will get a txt.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Ace
Sarnak

Wow, great job Cofruben. This will (hopefully) stop a lot of these new threads asking, "Y CUNT I LOGIN TIMOUT???".
Old 08-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Wow, great job Cofruben. This will (hopefully) stop a lot of these new threads asking, "Y CUNT I LOGIN TIMOUT???".
Eh is it? Its not a patcher..err.well..it is.. but hes not hosting a backpatch server hes just offering the application for those who want to, like scorpious2k hosts a patcher.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Ace
Sarnak

Yes, I recognize that.

By expanding your logic to include other servers, you will see that current servers can use his program to create a patcher like Scorpious2k's. Leading to a potential loss in redundant thread creation.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:04 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Yes, I recognize that.

By expanding your logic to include other servers, you will see that current servers can use his program to create a patcher like Scorpious2k's. Leading to a potential loss in redundant thread creation.
There will always be dumb newb--err--n00bies.
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:33 AM
hypershadow66
Banned

damn, is it ok that hosting a 2kb txt file, would cause my CPU to be a constant at 100%?
Old 08-22-2004, 02:43 PM
killspree
Dragon

I talked with cofruben about that in irc...I believe he said he'll take a look at it to try and lower the cpu usage.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:57 AM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

I found the problem,it will be fixed in the next release.