Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:52 AM
cdogw1983
Fire Beetle

Default Server questions/concerns

Hello all! first off i would just like to say hello. i came across this site the other day and i couldnt believe my eyes. It was like a dream coming to life. I always thought it would be awesome to have the ability to explore EQ and to get the loot and defeat the bosses i never had the chance too. Im an old school EQ vet going back to the beta phases and i get very nostalgic about EQ. Couldnt be more excited about all this.

That being said here is what im looking for in a server

-The ability to Solo/Duo most everything with some raid type places requiring small groups of no more than 6 people (BOTS enabled ok)

-Somewhat of a challenge. I dont want to just 1 shot every trash mob i come across but i dont want the trash to really be tough unless theres a ton of em. I wanna feel like a hero but not have it be God mode.

-No corpse retrieval. exp loss is ok.

-Increased Exp gain but not to the point where im max level in 1 or 2 days time. 3x is ok. anything beyond is excessive.

-I would like to see fabled mobs and items for things like rare drops.

Now my concerns about the servers are how long do most servers stay open? Are most green type servers pretty stable and plan to be around for awhile or not? I will be very upset to see my characters wiped without warning because the server i chose just suddenly goes away and my characters along with it.

Also how will i go about duo boxing using EQemu? is there a sticky on it anywhere around here?

From my reading it appears im looking for something in between the Irreverant server and The hidden Forest. Other suggestions welcome.

One thing this site could really use is a server list where each server presents its purpose and features. Many servers have forum posts where they list these things very well but they are all scattered while other servers seem to have no info whatsoever. A Combined Server guide would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

My old characetr names by the way!
Cidras- Halfing Druid- Karana server
Heimdol- Barbarian Shaman- Torvonilous
Rixxus- Human Paladin- Vazaelle
Old 04-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Pyronasty
Fire Beetle

Hey ! GM Jericho here, just thought I'd drop a dumptruck of information on you about The Hidden Forest Server!

The Hidden Forest - Custom/Legit server
Server portal: http://www.thehiddenforest.org/

Currently we have the following to offer - growing daily:

Server features
:: 3x exp/3xAAexp
:: Custom server code
:: Custom zones and progression up to lvl 70 +
:: 2000+ custom items
:: 100+ custom tasks/quests for unique rewards
:: Custom Adventure system - 32 custom instances
:: Adventure sytem LEADERBOARD
:: Alternate custom (lvl 1-70) progression line with 1x exp
:: Custom global models/illusions
:: Instanced Raid Zones
:: No Corpse Runs !!
:: Artifacts
:: Unique ACHIEVEMT SYSTEM
:: Custom "small" group content
:: Custom scripts
:: Custom server lore
:: Custom player pets to match melee power of PC and NPC
:: Custom Raid zones - Tier 1-6
:: 200+ custom Spells
:: 150+ custom tradeskill recipes
:: Custom Epic 1.5 quest - Ancient Weapon
:: Custom Epic 2.0 quest - Ancient Frozen Weapon
:: Custom Epic 2.5 quest - Unique Weapon augment
:: Class balancing!
:: SoF enabled
:: No account limit
:: Unlimited BoTs (1 summonable)
:: Active and friendly community
:: Customized and optimized web based tools: Alla clone, Magelo, Who is online?, Stuck char mover
:: REAL GM support
:: Tier 5 Raid zone opened
:: Complete new alternate Progression line (1x XP)
:: XP mod set to 3 for XP and AXP
:: New custom Player Spells
:: Donator Weapons
:: more custom Tradeskills recipes
:: Custom Global Models, (just tiny txt file to download)
:: Unique web based tools (complete rewritten clone)
:: New Old-school bosses revamped and brought back as World Bosses!
:: Brand new pets for mages and necros !
:: Most custom content of any server currently online
:: Server Stability - I cant recall ever having seen a character wipe
:: SoD Supported!

We have more and more content coming out, as we work with nothing but efficiency If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me on the THF forums.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:21 AM
cdogw1983
Fire Beetle

Forgot to add. i purchased Secrets of Faydwer since it was 5x cheaper than any Titanium copies out there. Please let me know which servers run best with SoF as i have noticed some servers are not 100% SoF supported.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:05 AM
Ansley1
Sarnak

Everyone allways says The Hidden Forest..While it is a good server what your describe is more like Irreverent server. Its a solo server you can play alone do what you want where you want and its still somewhat of a challenge but its all scaled back to be soloable.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:12 AM
Ansley1
Sarnak

If you want Bot's I'd go The Realm ..yeah the Bot quests are a pain but once you do a few tradeskill quests and get a raid of bots you can progress though all content just like live controlling every member of your guild/raid which imo is pretty fun still have to do emp ssra/VT keys and PoP flags but only for your character. Doing Vox/naggy then trak/sev/VS/gore then KD/ToV ect progressing at your own pace gearing yourself and your Bot's really fun just dont expect much company Congdar is a good server op. just not many people play there.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:14 AM
Ansley1
Sarnak

as for duo boxing http://www.lavishsoft.com/joomla/ind...&id=3&Itemid=4
Old 04-30-2010, 11:27 AM
alblagg
Fire Beetle

For a server listing that provides some of the information you are looking for
http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverlist

I also concur that the Realm is very cool and Congdar does a good job.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:36 PM
cdogw1983
Fire Beetle

so which server meets my re's the best and is SoF supported.

Was gonna go irreverant but since they dont support SoF im gonna hafta pass which sucks. Sarus doesnt support SoF either it seems.

Also whats with EZserver i cant figure out what EZserver is all about.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:46 PM
mastajon
Sarnak

Right now Blood of the Akkadian is in beta and we provide players the ability to solo majority of the content. Bots(mercs) will be included in some parts of the game as well as some raid content will be available in the later stages. We support all clients (titanium, SoF, SoD).

If your interested PM me or Akkadius with your login name/login # and you will be flagged for beta access
Old 04-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Lillu
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdogw1983 View Post
so which server meets my re's the best and is SoF supported.

Was gonna go irreverant but since they dont support SoF im gonna hafta pass which sucks. Sarus doesnt support SoF either it seems.

Also whats with EZserver i cant figure out what EZserver is all about.
if you plan to stick to a server for the long term, just log on to a few of them and check them out. thats the best way really.
also, a quality server usually has a website where you can read up about features and stuff like SoF compatibility and all.

Take your time to look around, thats my advice, and have fun!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:56 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Dear cdogw1983! Comparing THF to your list.

-The ability to Solo/Duo most everything with some raid type places requiring small groups of no more than 6 people (BOTS enabled ok)
CHECK!

-Somewhat of a challenge. I dont want to just 1 shot every trash mob i come across but i dont want the trash to really be tough unless theres a ton of em. I wanna feel like a hero but not have it be God mode.
CHECK!

CHECK!

-Increased Exp gain but not to the point where im max level in 1 or 2 days time. 3x is ok. anything beyond is excessive.
CHECK!

We have what we call - World Bosses, they RARE, and have UBER tradeable loot. Their dificulty is around group/raid level

THF Running time: - Almost 1 year now
Population - shifts between 3rd and 4th largest server
Client Compatibility - Titanium and SoF. SoD coming SOON too.

To Duo-Box - you need to create 2 separate log-in accounts.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:14 PM
cdogw1983
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
Dear cdogw1983! Comparing THF to your list.

CHECK!

CHECK!

CHECK!

CHECK!

We have what we call - World Bosses, they RARE, and have UBER tradeable loot. Their dificulty is around group/raid level

THF Running time: - Almost 1 year now
Population - shifts between 3rd and 4th largest server
Client Compatibility - Titanium and SoF. SoD coming SOON too.

To Duo-Box - you need to create 2 separate log-in accounts.
All sounds good sir. soon as my SoF box shows up ill prolly be landing on THF. I may play on irreverant as well its just that it doesnt 100% support SoF which is the only issue for me, otherwise it sounds like a great fit.

As far as grouping and raiding in THF. are raids customized to be beatable by small raid forces of say 2-3 groups max? I dont see raids working on any EQemu servers as they did on live with 50+ people. The numbers just dont support it as far as i can see unless everyone is boxing 3+ toons constantly which kinda sucks.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:41 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

aye, the raids are within 1-3 group limits
Old 04-30-2010, 07:46 PM
cdogw1983
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
aye, the raids are within 1-3 group limits
sounds awesome. just about what i was looking for. now if only that copy of SoF would show up already so i could install it! Next day shipping my a**!