Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-12-2003, 10:18 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Default 5.0 Bug list

We need you guys to help us by posting the bugs that you see. Whenever a legitimate bug is brought to our attention we usually fix it fast. Please post whatever bugs you find here, but please read the whole post and dont post the same bug repeatedly.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:55 PM
xXToilet_DuckXx
Sarnak

i've found a couple of bugs, but i've only been on the raevenloft server so i'm not sure if these bugs apply to all of eqemu or just raevenloft. here goes:

1. whenever i'm in battle with a creature and someone (ie a guard or another creature) comes to help me out, i get disconnected. BUT if i battle that same creature without any help, i don't get disconnected. (it doesn't sound very clear... this is one of my first bug reports so i don't know all the info i need to give to you guys).

2. another bug i ran into was when i was trying to make my own arrows (i'm not sure if this feature is implemented yet, if it isn't, let me know and i won't try it again ) Once i press the combine button, nothing happens (ie no arrow is created) and i am unable to target anything with my mouse, open doors, or access my inventory screen.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Conan
Hill Giant

Still getting I dont know that targettype 0x0 commands for spells =)

edit

This has been fixed =)
Old 11-13-2003, 04:44 AM
Bardboy
Hill Giant

EQEmu Version: 5DR5
DB Version: tcsmyworld's Alpha3.2

1. Pets are not spawned near the caster. I used a necromancer
and summoned a pet after a couple of minutes it walked up to me. I summoned another and used the 'Goto' Command. It took me to an under the world coord(West Commons). I tried the same thing with #makepet , with the same result. I tried it in several zones.

I also noticed that NPC pets do not always spawn nearby. In West Freeport for example, they tend to stack up in areas, like they all have one spawn coord. Look near the West Freeport Gate for a stack of pets.

2. For some odd reason, Stamina Fluctuates for no apparent reason, even standing still, i've seen it drop to zero.

3. Food and Water run out Way too quickly. I tried several Food Types, drink types with similar result.

Blackadder
Old 11-13-2003, 04:56 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

The stamina issues have been fixed in the latest cvs.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:22 AM
arkaria
Discordant

I havn't seen anyone report this.

The "who" command in the world console(telnet) does not work anymore (stopped working about a week ago).
Old 11-13-2003, 08:16 AM
Milli286
Fire Beetle

Have no idea if this is server specific or 5.0

Playing on the Fish-Wolf server.

1) I could not equip Tiny Cloak of Darkest Night. It said my race or deity could not equip and I was playing a lvl 7Woodelf Rogue. I didn't see a lvl restriction on it.

id 28766
Tiny Cloak of Darkest Night
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: AMMO
Charges: Unlimited
Effect: Shroud of Stealth (Any Slot, Casting Time: 1.5 Seconds)
WT: 1.0 Size: TINY
Class: BRD ROG
Race: ALL

2) Everytime I dinged in Unrest I would become disconnected.

3) When I first zoned into Unrest some creatures I could not attack, or I was ally with.

And of course everytime I zoned I would have to relaunch EQ to access my char.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:20 AM
Milli286
Fire Beetle

Also, /who all command would crash EQ in Butcherblock mountains, but not in Greater Fay.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:09 AM
Bardboy
Hill Giant

Just comfirming Arkaria's bug about 'who' in telnet not working.

Milli286, your bug sounds like a database problem. Not positive tho...

Blackadder
Old 11-13-2003, 10:01 AM
daxin
Sarnak

may be server specific but i was on brightblade and i died at my bind point and my char was in a death loop
Old 11-13-2003, 01:08 PM
dman478
Fire Beetle

Trainers on the Fish-Wolf server have all the wrong skills.

My Rogue is a master divinator...and rather good at meditate.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:38 PM
Kgaul
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXToilet_DuckXx
2. another bug i ran into was when i was trying to make my own arrows (i'm not sure if this feature is implemented yet, if it isn't, let me know and i won't try it again ) Once i press the combine button, nothing happens (ie no arrow is created) and i am unable to target anything with my mouse, open doors, or access my inventory screen.
=) i have not even looked into the DB for tradeskills yet. I'm sorry Meeka, Raevenloft is working on stability and playability. If you need arrows send me a tell ingame and ill set up a miniquest for you =)

Kgaul
Old 11-13-2003, 03:19 PM
xXToilet_DuckXx
Sarnak

thanx a lot for the reply! i don't really need arrows (cuz i can't afford a bow ) i was just testing stuff out. but thanx a lot for the offer. the raevenloft server is great! keep up the good work. is there anyone who knows what's happening with the first bug i posted?
Old 11-13-2003, 06:03 PM
krich
Hill Giant

Duck,

The size of the NewCombine_Struct has changed from 3 bytes to 4 bytes. Your combine is being short circuited by a size check on the structure before it calls the tradeskill routine. If it's not fixed already, I should have a fix out for it on the forums soon.

Regards,

krich
Old 11-14-2003, 03:59 AM
ndnet
Hill Giant

Tiny Cloak of the Darkest Night in its live form has a required level of 55.

While the text you quoted didn't specify that requirement, implying an altered item, it's worthy of clarification: Are you sure that it didn't have the level requirement?