Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-20-2004, 12:27 AM
dbsanfte
Fire Beetle

Default Classic EQ server. With a big twist.

I want to start a classic EQ server. Original + Kunark + Velious. I know there was a Trilogy boxed set that contained the original EQ plus the two expansions. That would have a velious-era client on it, which would be easier to emulate for, and it would also have all needed files on it. And I loved the velious GUI, but that's neither here nor there.

I intend on rewriting EQEmu to do this.

Here's the only problem -- I need one of those trilogy boxes to get started. Does anyone have one of these CD sets still available? I'd like to buy it from you. It would have to contain the original AND kunark CDs. I'll pay shipping and like $10 or something. I don't want your cd key, so scratch or peel that sticker off or something. I'm not looking for an eqlive account here.

Get in touch with me if you can help, my email follows:

dbsanfte at sympatico dot ca
Old 05-20-2004, 01:21 AM
siradam
Fire Beetle

Default Re: Classic EQ server. With a big twist.

Hey buddy, try Ebay. They usually sell about 1600 box sets there
Old 05-20-2004, 01:34 AM
animepimp
Dragon

This is not a very good idea because most likely there are multiple versions of this box set even if they look exactly the same because Sony probably put them out atmultiple different times since the trilogy is one of the most popular ways people bought EQ for quite a while. Which means that you could try to support one old version of EQ but not all the people would have the same old version of EQ. Also it would be very difficult to rewrite EQEmu to match it because you have no way of packet collecting it so you have no idea what opcodes get sent or what packet formats the client is expecting from the server. Not an imposible task, but nearly so.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:17 AM
Virus11
Discordant

I have the EverQuest Trilogy but I am most likely going to need it again, so I cannot send it to you. Why do you need the box? If you need the files you can just search for... you know ... :twisted:

Old 05-20-2004, 02:16 PM
mwmdragon
Discordant

Default Whats your email address. I t looks like you live in my area

Whats your email address. I t looks like you live in my area (Sympatico) I have a set i'm not using.

NeverQuest
http://neverquest.gotdns.com
Emucade
http://dragonsden.emuunlim.com
Old 05-23-2004, 04:15 AM
Scorpion360
Hill Giant

Check walmart or targets bargain bin, i know i found my trilogy set in their for a grand total of $4.