Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-30-2004, 02:30 AM
Richardo
Banned

Default Alternate Advancement (AA's) Announcement

Greetings, most of you know of me as Richardo but I have grown quite numerous in Everquest Live Characters and I want to start a group that levels up 50+ characters just for AA abilities for Everquest Emulation. I have a 65Rogue 63Necromancer 62Warrior 65Shadowknight 65Druid 65shaman on seperate accounts I can level all at once to work on AA's. The good part is, the druid has the most aa's and it only has 6, the rest have 1 or 2 so I can spend some decent time on packet collecting but I would really like to start this and get it going to get Everquest Emulation working again with AA's and help out as much as possible, if anyone would like to join me and help out, that would be awesome. I cant start till after July 14th when my server Lord of the Rings gets running Live but. If you have any live characters you would'nt mind leveling up, please. Feel free to give me an e-mail at Clarion802@aol.com and I would like to speak with you about your character/class ect.. Thanks
Old 05-30-2004, 02:42 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Your idea is very good, i think here, we all would like to be able to use AA under EQEmu, but for me, spend your time on collecting AA isnt valuable, even if its welcome. Omen of War will be out in mid August/mid September, and AA should be broke one more time (Say me if im wrong, im still new in EQEmu community).

You should better start to intensively collect AA once that Omen of War will be out, well i know, you wont be able because it will be end of summer *sigh*.

Once again, i dont discourage you, gogogo, but keep in mind your job wont be for a long time :(

Old 05-30-2004, 02:51 AM
Virus11
Discordant

Yeah I bet just to be an asshole SOE will change everything around again.

Old 05-30-2004, 03:43 AM
JohnRev
Hill Giant

I've got a 65 Wiz, 65 War, 63 Shaman, 60 Cleric, and 55 Monk/Necro. Wiz has 312 AA's, others around 30ish each. If I can help out perhaps with the collection of AA points, please reply. I'd love to help sort out the AA problems, though the Omen expansion comment posted by the one and only Khan(cute little Frenchie) is very much correct. There is, in some ways, no point collecting AA's, as there will be new ones soon and the codes once again broken.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:20 AM
Swampdog
Hill Giant

Have they given a new date for Omen yet? I thought Smedley postponed until later in the year it because everyone was bitching about Sony being too focused on lining their pockets with players cash than they were about fixing all the problems they created with the DX9 implementation.. Was it August/Sept that they postponed it to?
Damn rl interupting fun anyways.. :P
Old 05-30-2004, 05:22 AM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

if anyone collect AA's,please PM me the opcodes,purchasing an ability if possible.thanks
Old 05-30-2004, 05:23 AM
Eff_You15
Fire Beetle

65 Rogue with up to Elemental Gear on Xegony, but dont wanna move him to another server. =(

Aims - SnugglesOWNS15 if I can still be of service to you.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:53 AM
Richardo
Banned

You dont have to move servers. Just packet collect! Simple as that, the more we work together the quicker to get it done and the more detication put on this project I plan to start the easier it will be on all of us.

-First, of all about Omens of War, whenever those new AA's come out, bring it on. After they come out and possible break the newest AA system. Ill be ready to redo the AA's and recreate new characters, I have plenty of 50+ Live Characters and im willing to put this in my list of top daily priorities, before my server though ofcourse.

-Second, leaving your server is not a requirement, nor a recommendation. Stay on your server, being on the same server does'nt change the fact of packet collecting.

-Third, this project would be not invite you as a part of the DEV team but make the jobs of the Dev's a lot easier on them so they have one less burden to worry about. Do not trouble the dev's about the AA's anymore, ask me about our progress because I will be starting this soon. (Also: I am not a DEV for the record)

-Fourth, I am not responsible for your characters, you must supply your own leveled characters or friends characters and use them. We will not trade each others characters unless you have a true trust with a friend, but otherwise than that. You are responsible for your own character and whom you allow access on it. And do not discuss your buisness of leveling in Everquest LIVE for it is no ones buisness if you plan to pursue this project with me.

Thank you,
Rich
Old 05-30-2004, 09:27 AM
Virus11
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampdog
Have they given a new date for Omen yet? I thought Smedley postponed until later in the year it because everyone was bitching about Sony being too focused on lining their pockets with players cash than they were about fixing all the problems they created with the DX9 implementation.. Was it August/Sept that they postponed it to?
Omens of War is coming out August 2004 I think, you can preorder it now though.

Old 05-30-2004, 09:36 AM
Wandiwen234
Fire Beetle

65 Druid 421 AA, 65 Warrior 321 AA =) both time flagged. And If we had a packet collector that worked w/ Win 98 I could get tons of info about GoD zones and stuff. <Hates XP>.

Here's my guilds link www.BloodCult.net
Old 05-30-2004, 10:22 AM
m0oni9
Hill Giant

Try ethereal!

Think main site is down right now, but you should be able to get it at http://winpcap.mirror.ethereal.com
Old 05-30-2004, 11:31 AM
JohnRev
Hill Giant

I'll try and grind some AA and use the packet to collect purchasing information.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:46 AM
relorm500
Hill Giant

it wont let me send E-mail so

i like 63 necro =P.....

AIM is Hakusho92
Ba Fo On
Old 05-31-2004, 04:12 AM
Scorpion360
Hill Giant

Anyone wanna let me use the account and i will help them out

AIM = OiRU
Old 05-31-2004, 05:28 AM
Valor
Fire Beetle

no offense to Scorpion360 but i seen tons of people get there account ripped off by posts like that. i wouldnt recommend any one giving out account info!