Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Fajo
Sarnak

Default 6-22-2004 Patch

If you have already patched all I can do is Laff at you for not SAVEING your Directory like has been said to 400000 times MAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA no eqfix.zip for j00 =P
Old 06-23-2004, 05:03 PM
red1234
Fire Beetle

Old 06-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Vasker88
Sarnak

Default LMAO

LMAO that was great, it made me laff.

FTW
Old 06-23-2004, 05:25 PM
Virus11
Discordant

Yep

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15689

Old 06-23-2004, 05:41 PM
pitbull23701
Banned

Default weird

weird you say their screw'd ....... i patch every day and yet the game still works fine for me both emu and live.... sept i cannot connect to the scorpious2k server because its old dr4 :P
Old 06-23-2004, 10:53 PM
dragonflz
Sarnak

That was so funny, I didn't think I was going to stop laffing...

Drag
-------------------------------
And there I was, Gone!
Old 06-24-2004, 01:06 AM
TheImmortal
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflz
That was so funny, I didn't think I was going to stop laffing...

Drag
I dunno if you would be laughing if your eq client fuxord up for no reason... but hey mine did, i patched each day and when i started to recreate my character that window where you create them was really messed up... a wipe of the entire games files and an uninstall, then 2hrs of live updating (slow connection today stupid isp) fixed it all...

Im going to pay more attention to these forums, for next time I wont go through that bs again for a game. I dont give 2 shits what game it is.
Old 06-26-2004, 01:50 PM
beefmonky
Fire Beetle

Default crazy

that's crazy that you'd laugh at people for not being able to connect, i've never played everquest before, and someone told me there was a good emulator for it so i got the cd, installed it, and followed the directions EXACTLY by the guide in this forum. It says and i quote "Run the normal Everquest patcher to bring your files up to date" well i did, i try connecting It wouldn't work, it freezes at the logging on screen, like everyone else that "Ran the normal Everquest patcher to bring your files up to date" after june 22nd.

So, why is it that you're going laugh at people for doing exactly what the guide says to do? so now that i've patched to live i'm officially fucked now until there's a fix for it? is there any way to do a fresh install of eq and be able to connect and play?
Old 06-26-2004, 02:00 PM
animepimp
Dragon

Theres nothing different that you could have done. Basically when ever a new patch comes out if you haven't installed and patched before then you are damned if you patch and damned if you don't. Fresh installs cover a wide range of patches based on when the CD was made and there is no server code compatible with any of them. So you have to patch but you have to wait for the patch to become supported. Which is why we tell newbies in the guides to patch as part of the set up because they have to, but then we tell everyone not to ever patch again until they hear that it is ok. But of course tons of people ignore or forget that part adn keep patching all the time and screw themselves.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:57 PM
beefmonky
Fire Beetle

ok well thanks for taking the time to clear that up for me, guess i'll try again later when they have a fix for it, thanks again.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:15 PM
Drachenfutter
Fire Beetle

I
Old 06-28-2004, 01:04 AM
rlowther
Fire Beetle

I too am an emu newbie and anxiously awaiting the support for the 6/22 patch. I haven't played EQ in 1-2 years and i kind of miss it. I can wait a little longer though

But i was curious also on how long it has taken to resolve these issues in the past?

I've been checking the dev forums and i haven't see much activity there regarding this so i am trying not to get my hopes up
Old 06-28-2004, 01:16 AM
Maldian
Sarnak

Default All you need is....

All you have to do is get the eqmain.dll file from the BACKED UP Everquest directory and copy/paste it to your EQEMu Everquest directory.

I patched all the way through the 22nd, copied/pasted the dll file, then adjusted my eqhost.txt file and bingo... I was playing on a Semi-Legit server.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:21 AM
rlowther
Fire Beetle

It doesn't work in every case. I obtained a copy of that file and it did not work for me.

Refer to:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/vie...ght=eqmain+dll
Old 06-28-2004, 03:20 AM
animepimp
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlowther
But i was curious also on how long it has taken to resolve these issues in the past?

I've been checking the dev forums and i haven't see much activity there regarding this so i am trying not to get my hopes up
Based on the patches I've seen before there really is no way to tell how long it will take to be supported. In the past it has been anywhere from a couple hours for really simple patches to over a month when GoD came out. We don't even know yet how much became broken and we don't know how much free time the devs have. And the dev forums on here aren't what the devs use for stuff like this, they are mostly used for nondevs to post code changes and for the dev to post stuff they have finished. The boards they use for actually fixing stuff like this are private and only devs can see them or post to them.