Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Yasukai
Fire Beetle

Default Non-Legit

So I notice there aren't any non-legit around lately... what's up? I think they can be a fun diversion...

and a good place to get some good footage

Old 07-03-2004, 01:18 AM
animepimp
Dragon

Nonlegit servers never last very long. Because the server ops find out that its not worth running them anymore. Basically they are up for a week or two and people have fun abusing all the commands and no matter how many commands they already have they demand access to more up to and including #shutdownserver. Then the server op gets tired of all the complaining and shuts the server down. It has happened to every nonlegit anyone has ever run and it will continue to happen because thats the type of people that want to play on a nonlegit mostly.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:22 AM
Accio
Sarnak

Yeah...i know that happens alot but that's the only reason i play EMU lol. I don't have fun playing from level one with any item i want or mobs dropping nice items like those. If i wanted to play a character from level one i would on Live. I'm not complaining but i'd just like to hear of an announcement on here when a non legit is gonna go up so i can take advantage of it while it lasts.
Old 07-03-2004, 03:56 PM
Charmy
Discordant

Quote:
If i wanted to play a character from level one i would on Live
Then go play live, don't bitch here, you forget one very large difference between live and the emu, what is that difference?

SERVEY SAYS!

#1 EMU IS FREE

as you can see its quite clear you aren't the only one out there who wants a non-legit. so you could be the savior of many, all you need to do is start your own server! and you can make it as non legit as you want!!!!

Did i get outta line i am sorry, well anyway have fun.
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 07-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Eondiil
Fire Beetle

Quote:
it will continue to happen because thats the type of people that want to play on a nonlegit mostly
Although I doubt you meant any harm, but I take offense to that. I didn't play non-legit so I could exploit commands, I play non-legit b/c I feel my 65 enchanter gets boring and want to see how a 65[insert class here] handles instead. And I in no way repeatedly ask for more commands, in fact I was offered GM status and turned it down.

I <3'd saltybooger, it just got out of hand with items which turned me off.What turned me off more however was the lack of features that I was able to enjoy in live that I cant enjoy in emu b/c its broken in emu. IE I havent seen any server with the features fixed.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:39 PM
KhaN
Dragon

Quote:
What turned me off more however was the lack of features that I was able to enjoy in live that I cant enjoy in emu b/c its broken in emu. IE I havent seen any server with the features fixed.
Quote:
Eondiil
Hummm mkaaayy ... Yes some "minor" things are broken on EQEmu, all servers are actually very playable, also, EQEmu dont offer only EQlive stuff, but a lot of other stuff you never seen on EQlive (WR, Scorpious2k, GuildWar, Midnight Rayne, ...).
EQEmu Devs are doing all their best to add EQlive features, but its far from being easy ...

Old 07-04-2004, 12:04 AM
animepimp
Dragon

I didn't mean thet everyone on nonlegit servers are like that, just that those kinds of people are very attracted to nolegit servers and any nonlegit will have some.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:10 AM
Eondiil
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Hummm mkaaayy ... Yes some "minor" things are broken on EQEmu, all servers are actually very playable, also, EQEmu dont offer only EQlive stuff, but a lot of other stuff you never seen on EQlive (WR, Scorpious2k, GuildWar, Midnight Rayne, ...).
EQEmu Devs are doing all their best to add EQlive features, but its far from being easy ...
I never said they weren't playable, nor did I say that the devs were lazy asses, as they are quite the contrary. So I don't understand why you're replying at all. Seeing as I only replied was to stick out for the lesser known non-legit players, that anime accidentally included with the bad crowd, by informing him of my experience with non-legit.

Btw, I was playing GL and GW as well before they dissapeared. So I do indeed know they are very playable and have custom content.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:21 PM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

I think the non-legit servers are fun to play around on, but they don't hold interest enough to spend hours on end.

I did have some fun with some people on one of them though. Got those people who like to chain kill the gods in potimeb. So I #spawned them some level 1000 versions with massive hp's. Funny watching them die in 1 hit, then come back in and stand there looking around wondering what just happened.