Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-09-2004, 10:53 PM
bbum
Banned

Default the grand creation [legit-classic]

hey i saw this server on the list, but couldnt find any threads on it

is there a website for it? and are you guys in a irc channel, or is it just one guy making this :

i was wondering if you guys are eventually gonna take out #zone, and how classic your trying to be

i also want to help make quests and give npc's text if your really trying to make a classic remake
Old 07-14-2004, 03:51 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

That is Project EQ's official server.

You know the people that release the databases...

#zone will likely not be removed. Because we test our new databases here before they get released. So zone point's will be fux0red on occasion.

We are all the way classic at the moment. All classic zones. We are working to remove no classic items from the few vendors that have them.

After we add in quests and get them working. We'll release the classic DB and then add Kunark to the server and begin the testing process on it!.

ETC ETC with all the expansions this process will occur.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:41 AM
bbum
Banned

so its just a test then.. not a server i can call all my friends and tell them to come play and post on forums about =(
Old 07-16-2004, 09:13 AM
Melwin2
Fire Beetle

Location: Outside. Pressing my nose up against the window. YOUR window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbum
so its just a test then.. not a server i can call all my friends and tell them to come play and post on forums about =(
If you're looking for a server like that you'd probably like Scorpious2k or Winter's Roar, maybe The Great Escape when/if it ever comes up.

I don't know if Raid Addicts ever comes back up, but it'll be worth checking out if it does.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:57 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

I tried this server and it gave me so much lag I couldn't play. I tried asking in /ooc is anybody might know of a trick or something to reduce it. As usual I got smart ass remarks telling me to upgrade my computer, go play eqlive, and other useless nonsense.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:50 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
I tried this server and it gave me so much lag I couldn't play. I tried asking in /ooc is anybody might know of a trick or something to reduce it. As usual I got smart ass remarks telling me to upgrade my computer, go play eqlive, and other useless nonsense.
how long ago was this?

since we've opened the doors on classic, we've had 10-20 people on it steady and i've asked every day how lag was and none could complain.

As far as the smart ass comments. it surely wasnt a gm, We can't control what other players tell you, sorry if you had a bad experience. )

no this is not *just* a test server. it's legit. we have some 50s already.

There will be no character wipes. you can call this home.

We are nearing our completion of the classic database and will be upgrading ti kunark in not too long. Stop in and have a look. You'd be surprised at how complete the DB is, we still lack a few rares in various zones here and there, but for the most part everything is in. Loot included.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:30 PM
bbum
Banned

yeah but its not like a real server..

theres # zone, and the mobs hit for extremley less than there suspoused to, was taking out yellow skeletons at lvl 1 who should pwn me, and i realised at level 2 a dark blue orc pawn with a orc hactchet couldnt kill me, even if i go afk for like 30 min, and theres no corpses and mobs dont even agro, and theres no quests, and uber stuff sells for like 0 moneys and 1 plat, and it needs character wipes, besides that its cool tho lol
Old 07-16-2004, 09:00 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

#zone is because there are still problems with a few zones not taking you where they are supposed too.

and all our data is taken directly from allakhazam as far as mob hps, etc. so bitch at them for having incorrect data )

Quote:
mobs dont even agro, and theres no quests, and uber stuff sells for like 0 moneys and 1 plat
If you had even read the motd you would see that we need reports from players to remove overpowerful underpriced items from vendors. we collect our info DIRECTLY from live EQ, so there ARE higher lvl items that players sold to vendors on many vendors.

As far as the agro and quests. this goes both ways. First of all until EQEMU fixes the line of sight shit. aggro would be a deathwish in many zones. mobs see through doors walls and floors. In order for the dungeons to be even REMOTELY possible normal aggro is off. Mobs DO ASSIST if they are on a faction however, so don't go thinking it's TOO easy.

As for quests, those are coming, all at once as a matter of a fact.

Corpses are off because as far as we know ressurrect is still bugged and without ressurect theres no point of corpses.

Needs a player wipe? hardly. the server came up maybe 3 weeks ago and everybody who is high lvls has worked their asses off for it. We have a lot of regular players.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:27 PM
bbum
Banned

when like plate sells for 1 plat, and i have to try to die because it takes like 6 mobs in the newbie field to kill me, i think it deserves a char wipe

..i still think im gonna wait for a server thats going alittle more legit and a little more hardcore, and a little more working lol
Old 07-17-2004, 03:04 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

You'll be waiting a long ass time if you arent willing to help the community to make the servers better. it's people like you that piss everybody else off. You just want to take take take and want everything given to you on a silver platter but don't want to work for it or help out.

All the vendors i've seen, erudin etc fine plate etc has plate for sale for 200+ plat. so instead of bitching and moaning you could report these bugs you friggin moron.

thanks, come again.
Old 07-17-2004, 04:37 AM
bbum
Banned

i would report bugs, but it seems like your not even attempting a worth while classic server. hopefully someone will make a good one with the db your releasing tho
Old 07-17-2004, 04:50 AM
Zkhava
Hill Giant

Just as " sotonin " said, If your wanting a server to improve by reporting bugs or anything tat is need'd, i mean i have helped by hosting 3 servers websites...

If you can on any server & report bugs, your gonna recieve a " Thanx`a Lot " or anything that could make you feel happy

So my suggestion is to report bugs asap to any server, it helps improve the servers quality !
Old 07-17-2004, 05:14 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Bbum. you are the definition of idiot.

With people like you around why should we even release this DB now.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:29 AM
Zkhava
Hill Giant

^.o ???
Old 07-17-2004, 05:35 AM
bbum
Banned

Quote:
With people like you around why should we even release this DB now.
so someone can use your db on a server people actually want to play.