Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-08-2004, 07:24 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Default OpenZone 4.7

1. Changed the layout of the main window and main menu. Changes included are:

- Got rid of the mesh selection popup window. Instead you can select mesh objects from a list on the right side of the main window and examine the mesh object in a little render window in the lower right corner.

- Got rid of all the checkboxes and moved them to panes underneath the mesh list. There are buttons above the list that function like tabs that let you toggle between mesh objects, ground editing options, and display options.

- Moved the ground editing options from underneath the object properties pane to the pane described above.

- Added buttons along the bottom that let you move any selected objects north, south, east, west, up, or down in 0.1-unit increments.

- Moved the compass to below the render window.

- Moved the labels that show your position in fly mode to the status bar.

- Put all import menu selections under a File...Import... submenu.

- Put all export menu selections under a File...Export... submenu.

- Fixed several texture-related bugs, including bugs in the ground editor.

2. Made some improvements to Quake 3 map importing. It will probably never be perfect, but it's better than it was.

3. Animated water or lava areas don't require exactly four textures anymore and I changed the water properties popup a little to allow you to have as many textures as you want. This means that any .SCN files you save with OpenZone 4.7 won't be readable in earlier versions.

4. Other miscellaneous bug fixes and cosmetic changes.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:42 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Awesome wind, especially for the right object box, i cant wait to see my other suggestons added, like ... MSH Editor :p
I hope the latest OZ change will help peoples in using OZ.

Im really wondering some things about OZ / Zone creation.
- Who is using OZ ?
- Who would like to use OZ but cant ? (explain why plz).
This will maybe help WindCatcher in knowing who is using its software and who cant and why (Lack of explanation, UI, models, textures, ... whatever).

Old 08-08-2004, 11:48 AM
killspree
Dragon

I'm using it, just started work on a few custom zones for Evertorn a few days ago.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:16 PM
killspree
Dragon

Hmm, a bug I've found so far is that in ground editor mode, the texture displayed on the ground editing surface isn't the texture that you've actually selected. It seems to be placing them on the ground edit surface a few textures higher or lower than the selected texture. It's only a visual bug in ground editing mode though...the correct textures display in overhead/fly mode.