Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-17-2004, 03:00 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Default PacketCollector 0.9.0!!!

<u><b>**UPDATE**</u></b>
image is no longer a developer on the eqemu team, so you need to send packetlogs to Rogean@gmail.com from now on.

Yayayya!! The developers need YOU! We need everyone to load up their EQ and get on EQLive and packetlog anything and EVERYTHING.

Download 0.9.0 here:
https://sourceforge.net/project/show...ease_id=261361

Heres instructions for people new to this program:

You need winpcap, you can get it here:
http://winpcap.polito.it/install/bin...3_1_beta_3.exe

Once you have that installed that, unzip packetcollector into c:\pc (just use this dir as it will make your life MUCH easier)

go to Start->Run type command.com and press enter

If you have C:\SomethingHere, do cd.. (with the dots) until it is just C:\>

Then type cd pc

Type ipconfig and press enter, remember your IP Address, write it down if you must

Type PacketCollector -d and press enter, you may see multiple devices, try and pull out your ethernet card (What you use to get on the internet), theres a number in front, remember that number.

Finally type:
PacketCollector YourIPAddress -d EthernetCardNumber -o all -l packetlog.txt

Press enter, load EQGame, play, after you are done playing, go into c:\pc and you will see packetlog.txt, zip this file up and send it to rogean@gmail.com.

Thanks for your help guys!

<b>Tips from Doodman:</b>
The main thing is to log things being done.

Casting, attacking, looting, inspecting, FD, activating AA's, buying, selling, banking, tradeskills (including searching), augments (adding, removing and disolving), zoning, dying, killing, dueling, grouping (creating, joining, disbanding), raiding (creating, joining, disbanding), lfg (turning on flag, look for players, look for groups), get an adventure, complete the adventure, get a raid adventure, complete it.

Just to name a few. Please include what you did, with what (items aug'd, etc), against who, etc.

You can do things like a say or something before/after a certain action so you/we can find it in the logs easier. I usually disguise my says so they don't look obvious, like "/say gu Sec, let me aug this thing". It looks like a mistell to my guild.

If you are not concerned about it then just do: "/say Augging" then do it.

**UPDATE 2***
For discussion/help/whatever related to packetcollecting and the collector itself, please head here: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/vie...?p=94639#94639
Old 08-17-2004, 03:29 PM
layziethekid
Fire Beetle

Just for clarification do you want Internal network IP address or Internet IP addresses? I'm sure there are more then a few behind a router.

By "EthernetCardNumber " are you referring to the MAC Address?
Old 08-17-2004, 03:30 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

you want the ip shown in ipconfig which when behind a router is the internal ip. Not the mac address, when you do packetcollector -d you will get something like this:

1.\Device\NPF_GenericNdisWanAdapter (Generic NdisWan adapter)
2.\Device\NPF_{5D04AF52-9333-43B5-BB01-6E42FB17A30C} (3Com Gigabit NIC (3C2000 F
amily) (Microsoft's Packet Scheduler) )
3.\Device\NPF_{268806E1-FF57-48F7-81F2-01BFD0B4104C} (NET IP/1394 Miniport)
4.\Device\NPF_{222816DA-2E60-4B54-B601-6EF1195D2C67} (NET IP/1394 Miniport)

my ethernet card is #2 so id use 2
Old 08-17-2004, 03:38 PM
layziethekid
Fire Beetle

Ah cool. Not sure i'll be able to help with this, but thought i'd ask as i wasn't sure what you were talkin about. I'll see if i can borrow a friends live account.

My question is what do you really need i guess? Just need ppl to zone in to a zone then leave? or do you need them to be x close to mobs. fight a certain spawn x times in x mins? do you want them to have certain /filters on/off ?
Old 08-17-2004, 03:41 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Anything and everything EQEMu is 6 months atleast out of date, we need to catch up...
Old 08-17-2004, 03:44 PM
layziethekid
Fire Beetle

Oh i know that but i mean, do you need someone just in the zone and it will collect data for the whole zone. meaning just sitting at zin in Tactics will pickup the whole Rallos Zek script, assuming there is a raid going on?
Old 08-17-2004, 03:49 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Once again anything and everything, big raids, small raids, no raid, etc etc.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:52 PM
layziethekid
Fire Beetle

lol aight. Wasn't sure if there was a certain Proxcimity (SP) to something for it to pick up things.

Will do what i can.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:53 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Appreciate it
Old 08-17-2004, 04:16 PM
mattmeck

Just one question

Will I get a cookie?
Old 08-17-2004, 05:11 PM
Doodman
Developer

The main thing is to log things being done.

Casting, attacking, looting, inspecting, FD, activating AA's, buying, selling, banking, tradeskills (including searching), augments (adding, removing and disolving), zoning, dying, killing, dueling, grouping (creating, joining, disbanding), raiding (creating, joining, disbanding), lfg (turning on flag, look for players, look for groups), get an adventure, complete the adventure, get a raid adventure, complete it.

Just to name a few. Please include what you did, with what (items aug'd, etc), against who, etc.

You can do things like a say or something before/after a certain action so you/we can find it in the logs easier. I usually disguise my says so they don't look obvious, like "/say gu Sec, let me aug this thing". It looks like a mistell to my guild.

If you are not concerned about it then just do: "/say Augging" then do it.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Xabob
Discordant

Hey hey i just send a 30mb log file ur way image hope it helps
[12:38] <RangerDown> I watched Napoleon Dynamite the other day
[12:39] <Xabob> omg
[12:39] <Xabob> want me to shoot you now?
[12:39] <RangerDown> and the first words out of my mouth at the start were:
[12:39] <RangerDown> Hey I bet Rog looks like that

Old 08-18-2004, 02:49 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Got it, thanks Xabob
Old 08-18-2004, 04:30 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

cool, ill do some packetcollecting later on. this collects items too right? click on all the item links in public channels?

FYI. i could never get PC to work with the beta of winpcap. i had to use the next version down from the latest and it worked fine.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:48 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

From yesterday evening's IRC chat, they said no item support yet, but will have it very soon.

I asked specifically about using this version with the 3.1beta, and they said it works fine.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.