Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-11-2004, 06:01 AM
odin4evr
Fire Beetle

Default I've been a fan for 4 years--CONGRATZ on the improved EQEmu!

Hey guys, I'm a 19 year old guy and I've been on this site and using EQEmu since I found the site by Google-ing for an Everquest emulator 4 years ago during a highschool computer class LOL. I used to use EQEmu a ton to explore zones and spawn models to look at them and see their animations. I haven't played EQLive for maybe a year, and I haven't played the Emulator since Fall of 2003.....but yet I never deleted the EQ files off my PC. When I got a new computer and graphics card, I brought all the EQ files onto it, even though I hadn't played it in a while....I did this cuz I new that I could trust eqemulator.net to fix the EQEmu problems and get it working again. I've been patient, reading the forums from time to time (but never posting), and checking the site for updates....I didn't wanna play 'til everything was fixed and ready....AND NOW THEY'VE DONE IT! I just logged onto EQEmu for the first time since 2003, and I must say you guys have done an amazing job. I don't know who is still on the EQEmu team and who is new, but all of you must be congratulated on some awesome work. It's great to log into Plane of Water again, summon the Ancient Fishing Pole and swim around, or turn into a crow and attack spiders in the PoFire like I used to.

I have a lot of time on my hands because I got into a car crash and am in a wheelchair now and won't get on crutches for a good 3 months, so EQEmu is working at the perfect time hehe. I've only ever played on Non-Legit servers, and for some reason the only one that is there on the server list right now doesn't let you do much spawning or time-of-day changing stuff and other little harmless GM stuff I used to enjoy, but at least you can summon items....there's not nearly as many servers as there used to be a year ago or so, but I'm sure more people will start playing now that things are more user-friendly for newcomers and more Non-Legit servers will pop up. Anyway, I just wanted to say congratz and that I've been a devoted fan for a long time now! THANK YOU GUYS!
Old 09-11-2004, 06:39 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Welcome. Good to hear words of encouragement, I think the dev team needs them here at a time when so many people keep claiming doom-and-gloom of Emu just cause a couple of people left.

Best of luck on your recovery.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 09-11-2004, 02:02 PM
relorm500
Hill Giant

Default Re: I've been a fan for 4 years--CONGRATZ on the improved EQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin4evr
Hey guys, I'm a 19 year old guy and I've been on this site and using EQEmu since I found the site by Google-ing for an Everquest emulator 4 years ago during a highschool computer class LOL. I used to use EQEmu a ton to explore zones and spawn models to look at them and see their animations. I haven't played EQLive for maybe a year, and I haven't played the Emulator since Fall of 2003.....but yet I never deleted the EQ files off my PC. When I got a new computer and graphics card, I brought all the EQ files onto it, even though I hadn't played it in a while....I did this cuz I new that I could trust eqemulator.net to fix the EQEmu problems and get it working again. I've been patient, reading the forums from time to time (but never posting), and checking the site for updates....I didn't wanna play 'til everything was fixed and ready....AND NOW THEY'VE DONE IT! I just logged onto EQEmu for the first time since 2003, and I must say you guys have done an amazing job. I don't know who is still on the EQEmu team and who is new, but all of you must be congratulated on some awesome work. It's great to log into Plane of Water again, summon the Ancient Fishing Pole and swim around, or turn into a crow and attack spiders in the PoFire like I used to.

I have a lot of time on my hands because I got into a car crash and am in a wheelchair now and won't get on crutches for a good 3 months, so EQEmu is working at the perfect time hehe. I've only ever played on Non-Legit servers, and for some reason the only one that is there on the server list right now doesn't let you do much spawning or time-of-day changing stuff and other little harmless GM stuff I used to enjoy, but at least you can summon items....there's not nearly as many servers as there used to be a year ago or so, but I'm sure more people will start playing now that things are more user-friendly for newcomers and more Non-Legit servers will pop up. Anyway, I just wanted to say congratz and that I've been a devoted fan for a long time now! THANK YOU GUYS!

Hehe Gratz for you..........
I have no idea what im saying.
Ba Fo On
Old 09-12-2004, 02:58 AM
Tzwizard
Sarnak

Well..

Welcome to EqEmulator !!!!! I Hope you enjoy peoples servers &amp; stuff...

Developers are trying to get Emulator updated to the Omens of War patches...

image &amp; dev/n00b arent in Developer staff anymore
Old 09-12-2004, 03:38 AM
relorm500
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzwizard
Well..

Welcome to EqEmulator !!!!! I Hope you enjoy peoples servers &amp; stuff...

Developers are trying to get Emulator updated to the Omens of War patches...

image &amp; dev/n00b arent in Developer staff anymore
Right you are.....
Ba Fo On
Old 09-12-2004, 07:04 AM
Tzwizard
Sarnak

*Bow* Thanks, I've Searched the Forums &amp; saw the news