Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-08-2004, 11:50 AM
needsramb
Fire Beetle

Default EQ Installation/Patching Question

I played EQ a few years back on the official servers, but quit playing it because of several issues, including cost. I heard of the development of emulated server software for Everquest a few months back, and finally decided to investigate it a couple days ago. After some difficulty, I found this site. It looked promising...

So here's the first issue: I lost my CD for the Ruins of Kunark game (which included the original game), but I still have my Scars of Velius expansion CD. I read on this forum about a free download of EQ Trilogy from Sony's website (http://everquest.station.sony.com/trilogy/download.jsp)
It appears the file isn't available from SOL anymore. I checked for it on eDonkey and found a file everquest_trilogy.zip, so I'm hoping that this is the same file that Sony had. I found another topic similar to this:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17735

After this download completes and, assuming it installs properly, what happens next-- I run Sony's patching program, right? Though I'm not yet near this point yet, I have been looking at some of the setup guides here and elsewhere and I'm getting pretty confused, probably because I haven't played the game in so long and the terminology is going right over me. I was planning on playing on either Scorpious2k or Winter's Roar, and I found this guide on Scorpious2k: http://scorpious2k.rogean.com/info/t...p/setups2k.htm
and this one on Winter's Roar:
http://wintersroar.com/index.php?page=join

Both briefly mention installing and patching Everquest. This is where I get confused.. As I understand it, I'm supposed to
1) Install the game; and
2) Run the patcher to download all of the updates

But, I thought that the EQEmu software wouldn't necessarily work with a client that has all of the latest patches.
If someone could clear this up for me, I'd really appreciate it.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:36 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Your post seems well thought out, clear, and intelligent.

...But can I ask why you posted it in Tutorials?
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:48 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Since you're way behind on patches, you're gonna have to patch and hope for the best. I don't know if the latest patch is compatible with the server code. If it's not, keep watching the boards to see when it becomes compatible.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:17 PM
needsramb
Fire Beetle

Ok, I'll just give it a shot when this file finishes downloading (or if I just give up and forget about EQ or just buy it in the store )

And, if any moderators want to move this, it's cool with me.. I really didn't know where it fit in, except that it had to do with support.

One more thing: does anyone know if there's any other way to download the patches besides using the offical patcher? And, if so, would it be quicker?

Peace