Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 11-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Raddiux
Sarnak

Default A few bugs

1.) Players do not have to be facing a mob to attack it. Players can attack mobs while looking the opposite direction.

2.) Not sure if this is a bug or something else but, whenever I enter the world for the first time, the transfer rate is going through the roof, a constant 10kbps+ for several seconds. During this time nothing seems to work, and no mobs appear. After about 6 seconds or so the transfer rate goes back to normal and all the mobs appear. This did not happen in 5.9, and certainly does not happen on live. Though I use DSL, I would imagine this would kill modem users.

3.) A similar thing happens when getting the contents of a vendor. The transfer rate is capped for several seconds. While I understand that all the items for sale needs to be retrieved, should it really be this much data? I don't notice this happen on live.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:45 PM
Raddiux
Sarnak

Just thought I would add that there seems to be some huge resource leaks in the latest 6.0 versions. A single zone.exe with only one client connected is taking up 10-30% of my 3ghz CPU, and the memory usage just keeps climbing the longer its up.

EDIT:

Ok, after a few hours the CPU usage is now up to 50% and taking up 60mb of RAM. This is still only a single zone.exe with only one client connected. There is something seriously wrong here. 5.9 did not exhibit this behavior.